18. Safe and Sound

"I'll go in and see her, right?" Jungkook asked after all of 3 seconds once the Doctor had walked away, turning to stare at Jin. "I can be the one to go in and see her?"

"Jungkook..." Jin looked at the hybrid in front of him, seeing a hybrid who had completely transformed his life in a year, a hybrid doing so well.

"Sweetheart," Reyna stepped into Jungkook's line of sight with a sad smile. "I think it would be best for Jin to go in and see her first."

"What? Why?" Jungkook's eyes passed across everyone's face, everyone avoiding his eyes.

"Jungkook, from Yoona's reaction to you, to us," Namjoon was referring to all the hybrids present. "She might not want us around. Not after everything she's obviously been through."

"She'll want to see me." Jungkook denied the words that made enough sense from seeing Yoona so scared of him. 

"When Yoona first bought you home from the Bonavich's," Jin caught the slight flinch Jungkook still gave from their names. "Did you feel completely safe around other humans?" Jin words were right, Jungkook was terrified and spent most of his time with the Astor's, even avoiding Yoona. "Did you want Yoona around you without feeling like she would hurt you?"

Jungkook's hand gripped Jin's shirt, throwing him against the wall as he growled; "I'm going to see my mate."

Jin's eyes widened, a throbbing pain in the back of his head that had slammed against the wall that Jungkook held him against. Jin's hands went to grip Jungkook's wrist, but he wasn't strong enough, neither were the hybrids that were quick to swarm to try and get Jungkook off of Jin. Namjoon was trying to pull Jungkook back by his shoulder, Yoongi trying to worm his way in between the two males to separate them. 

The chaos in this family right now was starting to get physical.

"Jungkook?" Jin's voice shook as he stared at the rabbit in front of him. 

"You're not going to stop me from seeing my mate." Jungkook growled harsher, Jin could feel Jungkook's knuckles digging into his shoulders. 

"Jungkook calm down." Namjoon's voice held power, authority. "They'll kick you out of the hospital and you won't be able to see her no matter what. So calm down."

Those words seemed to get through to Jungkook a little, enough to at least let go of Jin's shirt, but he didn't step away completely; "I'm going to see  her."

"Stand down, Jungkook." Yoongi finally got between the two, pushing Jungkook back to the other side of hall, being made to sit down, Yoongi protecting Jin. "Don't put your hands on him."

"Okay let's all take a minute to calm down." Namjoon deflected the situation to have the hybrids calm down, Namjoon gave Reyna the go to get Jin out of the way, taking him for a walk. "Hoseok, take Yoongi for a walk."

Hoseok nodded, taking the panther hybrid by the wrist and dragging him in the direction Reyna had taken Jin in. Namjoon only moving when they turned the corner, before spinning around to look at Jungkook who sat stoic with his hands clenched into fists. Both Jimin and Taehyung looked between Namjoon and Jungkook, neither of them wanting to move too quickly just in case one of them had a bad reaction to the other. 

"Jungkook-"

"I know, I know... I shouldn't haven't gotten angry." Jungkook's leg bounced, his ears standing tall on his head, his whole body was on high alert and he was surrounded by predators, and yet the three predators knew that this one prey could hold his own. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize to us." Namjoon moved to sit next to Jungkook, making sure not to touch him. "You have every right to see Yoona, Jungkook. But right now Yoona needs to recover, and her best chance at a full and safe recovery is to have Jin make sure that she is recovering properly."