13. Enemy Territory

It's easy to lose track of time, to be completely removed from the outside world especially being in a room with no windows, a door and an uncomfortable green light that only made Yoona feel queasy. Yet time couldn't move quicker with the sobbing and babbling of Mrs. Bonavich across from her, now staring at the wall as her nails scrap against the cement call she lay against.

Yoona hadn't made out nearly half of what she had been crying about, although Yoona would admit she wasn't really trying to catch what she talked about. She heard Jungkook's name a few times and then everything else was incoherent, though with Jungkook's name spoke, Yoona was a little more inclined to try and listen. Mrs. Bonavich even seemed to be pulling at her thinning hair, Yoona would have believed she was shedding with how much hair she had pulled, blood seemed to seep into the matted mess. Her once perfect nails had become anything but perfect, the constant clawing at the cold cement walls picking up all sorts of dirt and blood, surprisingly most of it not hers.

At this point, having been sitting against the wall for a few hours now, Yoona was too scared to ask about Mr. Bonavich's whereabouts. However, from the completely dead look in Mrs. Bonavich's sunken dark eyes, the way her fingers would sometimes linger on the ring around her scrawny finger, Yoona obviously didn't want to know. The state of the cell was enough to make anyone stop asking questions, enough to make even the bravest of those keep their mouth shut from questions that could end them in the same position.

Yoona had dosed off a few times, always jumping awake at the slightest movement of Mrs. Bonavich, at the slightest sound of another's breath. She couldn't rest, not like she'd allow herself the chance to fully rest in a place like this, her own fight or fight instincts having kicked in. Hope being the only thing that truly didn't have Yoona doing anything too crazy, like calling attention to herself from whoever was watching them stuck in the metal cage.

Yoona had noticed a few times, making sure no one else realized she had, the camera that was hidden within the green light. It moved slightly, twitching as if someone was controlling it, if one of them moved, the camera too would. Yoona had noticed a slight buzzing whenever it would move, at first she thought maybe it was the green light, but her eyes finally locating the camera that watched them, monitored them.

"We..." The voice frightened Yoona to sit up straight, eyes wide open and staring around her. "We... moved against her..."

Yoona blinked, her entire body on full alert as she looked towards Mrs. Bonavich's body; "What?"

"Jeon." Mrs. Bonavich spoke only that word as the air seemed to become more dense around them. "We didn't follow her rules. So she... punished us."

Yoona didn't speak, hoping Mrs. Bonavich would just talk more, give her something more to go on. Mrs. Bonavich sat up for the first time in however many hours Yoona and her had been sitting together in that cell. Her back wasn't straight, instead her shoulders completely slumped over herself, her hands wrapping around her own waist, her eyes still never quite meeting Yoona's.

"We thought we could hide him... but she..." Mrs. Bonavich finally looked towards Yoona, her empty eyes catching Yoona's. "You don't move against her. She's too powerful."

"No one should have to live through this." Yoona finally answered Mrs. Bonavich. "No one."

"They're not even human." Mrs. Bonavich stopped talking under Yoona's gaze. "Even you have to admit, they are more animal then human."

"Their instincts?" Yoona all but snarled the words. "Their instincts keep them alive, as our human ones do."

"It's not the same." Mrs. Bonavich argued weakly.

"If their life is in danger, they either fight or flight... What is it you've been doing the past however long you've been here?"

The question hung in the cell, Yoona noticing how the camera in the corner of her vision shifted between them now. Even they seemed to be interested in the conversation the two prisoners were having, maybe they were testing Mrs. Bonavich's loyalty, maybe trying to see just where Yoona's loyalty lied. And it was easy to see, Yoona would always stand up for those who did not have a voice thanks to people like them.