28. Family Matters

"Take them, please." She pushed the baby into Yoona's arms, touching her older children's backs, pushing them slightly towards Yoona. "You have to take them and keep them safe. He's going to kill me."

"Stay. Stay here and I can help you." Yoona held the baby in one of her arms, moving her other arm to touch the hybrid in front of her. "I can help."

"I need to keep them safe, please. I know you can help them."

"Wait," Yoona stopped her before she could run. "What's your name? What's their names?"

"Maia?" A deep voice called from behind Yoona, causing the hybrid to stop in her tracks, turning around to see the man who called for her. "Maia... what..."

"Jin?"

"Your alive?" Jin's quick footsteps could be heard, running towards the Maia, wrapping his arms around her. "Your alive."

"Jin, what's going on?" Yoona asked him as Jin held Maia, the mouse hybrid wrapping her thin arms so tightly around the larger man, Yoona turning to Reyna who now joined her, both of them looking towards the children who just stood, watching their mother cry. "Jin, please you have to talk to us."

"Maia. Really Maia..." Jin merely whispered to himself, pulling back enough to place his hands on the woman's cheeks, staring at her. "My Maia. Alive."

Maia, now smiling, although in tears, couldn't help but to touch Jin, as if she didn't really believe he was there; "He said you left. That you abandoned me. Us."

"I would never." Jin mumbled before frowning a little. "Us?"

"Oh..." Maia moved back a little now, reaching out to the oldest of her children, a beautiful boy with the smallest white ears hidden amongst dark hair, almost so dark the strands seemed black in the night. The most distinctive part about the young boy were a pair of shoulders that only Jin could own, that only Jin could possibly give to a child. "Come here, sweetheart. I want you too meet someone." Yoona watched as Jin seemed to be completely shut down, his whole body had gone stiff, his eyes passing between Maia and the boy who had wrapped his small arms around her. 

"Mama?" He squeaked, staring wide eyed up towards his mother, Yoona placed his age at no more than 6 years old.

"Jin, this is Young-Jae." Maia ran a calming hand through her sons hair, waiting for him to calm a little more, looking towards Jin who still stood ram rod straight. Her eyes soon passed towards Yoona who still held tightly onto the baby, before looking over her shoulder towards Jungkook, trying not to flinch at how familiar he was. When she did look back towards Jin, he seemed to have been taking a calming breath before kneeling in front of the boy, giving him a smile. "Jae, this is Kim Seokjin. Take care of him."

"Mama no." Young-Jae gripped his mother's elbow, the two smaller children now gripping onto Yoona's legs, on closer inspection she could tell they were twins. "Wait... I want to go with you."

"You have to stay with this man, I have to go back." Maia leaned down, kissing her son's head one last time, completely avoiding Jin and staring straight at Yoona who held onto her other three children. "Your the savior right?" Both Maia and Yoona looked down towards the baby in Yoona's arms, who seemed to wake up, a small cry leaving his lips, before Maia looked back at Yoona, heartbroken. "Save them, please."

With that, Maia got out of her sons grip, turning and running back down the long driveway, Jin turning back to look at Yoona; "Go after her."

"I'll be back. I..." But Jin took off, running down the driveway after Maia, as fast as his legs would carry him, catching up easily to the mouse hybrid, catching her arm to stop them both from running. "Talk to me, Maia. What's happening?"