20. Happy Holidays

Yoona had been a lot calmer the second time she had woken up, groaning at the pain coming from every inch of her body. Her eyes had stayed closed, unable to open them from the harsh light coming from what could only be a large window to her right. But the pain in her body, it was almost too much, everything felt heavy and nothing was numb anymore.

"Yoona, hey," Yoona knew that voice, it was familiar. "Don't hurt yourself, be careful."

"Jin..." Yoona croaked.

"Water, I'll get you water." Jin could easily be heard fumbling around the room.

Finally Yoona was able to open her eyes, even just cracking them open a little, she could finally see Jin. He stood to her right, occupying some of the light to allow Yoona to see a little through the crack in her eyes. His large shoulders helped her to see as he came back with a cup of water, leaning over her.

"Let me help you to sit up a little. Don't move too fast, I can help you up." Jin sat the cup next to bed, looking into Yoona's eyes as he grabbed the remote to lift the bed. "Stay still, I'll help you."

Yoona watched as Jin helped her to sit up a little, without moving her too much, stopping a little when Yoona groaned. Apologizing a few times before Jin finally had Yoona at an angle to be able to help her take a few sips from the straw in the cup.

"Slowly." Jin softly spoke as he helped Yoona, before sitting the cup back on the table next to them. "I'll go get the doctor; I'll be right back."

Yoona didn't have to nod or say anything, knowing Jin would be back soon, so instead she opted to look at herself. At least from what she could see, a battered and bruise body lay where her body would be, where her body is. The heaviness across her leg was the cast her own casted hand reached out to touch, her fingertips gazing across the rough feel.

It was impossible for anything but tiredness to be the only thing Yoona truly felt, she wanted to only get a few more hours of sleep. The warm sun that came through the window covered the length of what she could only imagine is a VIP suite in the hospital. It was empty, Yoona was quite confused that her room wasn't full with hybrids and humans alike, her family not around. What confused her most was that Jungkook wasn't here, by her side or even wrapped around her.

"Ah, Miss. Park." Yoona looked away from the window and up to the door where Jin walked in following a doctor. "You're awake."

"Mmm." Yoona tried to nod but only stopped when her head began to ache.

"Oh don't move to harshly, Miss. Park." The doctor rushed forward to stop Yoona from moving, his hands moving to hold Yoona's head steady. "Miss. Park, you've seemed to have been through quite a lot. You've acquired quite a few injuries to different parts of your body, and you will need be in a lot of pain for a while unfortunately."

Yoona watched as the doctor checked over her vitals and charts, making sure everything was in good shape. When he was finished writing on the charts, he finally pocketed his pen and turned back to Yoona, standing in front of her with a soft smile.

"You must be in quite a lot of pain, and I have added some morphine to hopefully help you relax a little." The doctor looked Yoona over one more time. "You're knee is the biggest concern, and it will be a while before it's fully healed. Majority of your cuts and bruises are superficial, but I do recommend that you do not move around too much."

Yoona nodded, swallowing quite hard as she listened to the doctor talking about her body which did hurt. She watched as Jin moved around quickly, pouring more water for her into the same cup on her right side. She could already see that Jin was going to wait on her hand and foot, no matter how much she was against it.