32. Filmed Before A Live Studio Audience Prt 2

Darcy's eyes scanned the pop up base that had been constructed around Westview's border

Darcy's eyes scanned the pop up base that had been constructed around Westview's border. Inside that border was Mary, Darcy's mission was to find out what they were dealing with and report back to Bucky with any information she could find. She felt like she was in over her head, but she wanted to do this. Mary had done so much for so many people, this was something Darcy felt she could do to repay Mary in some way. She deserved peace after everything she'd been through in her long lifetime.

"Ms Lewis?" An agent calls out to Darcy, drawing her attention back to the present.

"Doctor Lewis." Darcy corrects the man. She had earned her title, it was only right they call her by it.

The agent nods and then motions to the main tent/building, "We have your gear set up inside." He instructs and then begins to lead the way to the main tent and Darcy follows.

When Darcy walks inside, her eyes first spot a drone on the outside trying to enter the invisible wall around Westview. "Those drones you're sending in, what kinda data are you getting?" She asks curiously.

The agent crosses his arms and looks at Darcy, "I'm afraid that's highly classified." He states sternly.

Darcy tilts her head with a slight smirk, "You can't see anything?" She asks. When she doesn't get her answer said aloud, she moves past the agent to her small desk with her computers and gear. She slings her backpack off her shoulder, "FBI, Army. I saw the Air Force Office of Special Investigations out there." She states as she bends over and picks up a heavy case and places it on her desk space. "Research Lab, Space Command, too. A bona fide, joint, multi-service response." She lists off and then looks back at the agent, "Really looking forward to the commemorative t-shirt." She teases as she sits down at her desk. "Is there anywhere a lady could get a cup of coffee?" She asks the agent as she hooks up some of her gear to the computers. "You guys look like you might get down with those little pod things. Horrendous for the environment." She rambles.

"Make your assessment, please." The agent states, done listening to Darcy's rambling which means she's doing her job as being herself but not suspicious.

Darcy nods and then turns on her scanner, she watches it fluctuate and then her eyes widen as it spikes, "Whoa..." She mutters in shock. It continues to spike and her eyes widen a little more. "I mean, whoa..." She murmurs.

"What're you getting?" The agent asks as he steps closer to see.

Darcy grabs another scanner and holds it next to her original one to compare as she tries to figure out how Mary could've possibly gotten herself into something this dangerous. "A colossal amount of CMBR." She says.

"CM-"

"Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation." Darcy explains after cutting the agent off.

The agent hesitates, "We've been told the radiation is within a safe limit."