57. He's Out of Line, But He's Right

"Whoa

"Whoa. Whoa, whoa." Sam mutters in disbelief. He moves to step towards where Zemo was entering the garage, but Bucky steps in front of Sam, stopping him.

"Doll, Luna, listen to me." Bucky says as he grabs onto his wife's arm gently. He could tell she was barely holding herself back for the sake of himself and Sam.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Mary snaps loudly at Zemo.

"I didn't wanna tell either of you 'cause i knew you wouldn't let this happen." Bucky states, "We need him." He adds quickly as Zemo raises his hands in the air. Mary was ready to tear Zemo's soul apart and stitch it back together slowly. Bucky knew she was out for vengeance.

"What did you do?!" Sam asks in disbelief and then looks over at Zemo, "You're going back to prison." He snaps.

Zemo slowly steps closer to the three of them and removes his prison guard hat. "If i may-"

"No!" All three shout in unison, Mary pointing at Zemo with her eyes glowing bright amber. All Zemo does is nod, dipping his head slightly.

"Apologies." He whispers.

Bucky looks between his wife and comrade, trying to get them both to lower their tempers, especially Mary, and at least try to see his side of things. "When Steve refused to sign the Sokovia Accords, you both backed him. You broke the law, and you both stuck your neck out for me." He says, looking at Mary and Sam. He was pleading with them. "I'm asking you to do it again." He whispers.

Mary looks at him, her eyes still bright amber but she wasn't doing anything with her powers other than feeling the room's emotions. "I love you, James. And i trust you." She says and then points at Zemo while still holding her husband's gaze. "It's him i don't trust." She states.

"I really think i'm invaluable...." Zemo begins to say.

"Shut up." Sam snaps at Zemo before Mary can.

"Alpha... He tore our family apart." Mary reminds Bucky.

"Stark was going to find out what i..." He pauses when he sees his wife's facial expression, "What Winter did to his parents... he was going to take it out on me sooner or later... and with Steve knowing what happened all that time since the helicarriers in DC... it was only a matter of time."

"You're saying we were treading on thin ice and Zemo only helped it break quicker..." Mary says softly, sighing because she knows her husband is right. Sam knew it as well, which was why he wasn't speaking at the moment. They both hated it to their cores.

But to stop Karli and the other Flag Smashers, they needed an in. And Zemo sadly was that in.

Mary breathes out slowly, her eyes finally dimming to a soft glow. "Okay." She whispers.

"If we do this.... You don't make a move without our permission. Especially Mary's." Sam states, looking at Zemo. "You destroyed her family. So you play by her rules."