60. Dirty Dancing

When the group stepped out of the car into High Town, it was a drastic change to what they had seen and witnessed in Low Town

When the group stepped out of the car into High Town, it was a drastic change to what they had seen and witnessed in Low Town. The vast change was shocking. They walked into what appeared to be a gallery of fine art and rare items. Mary could sense multiple people in another area of the gallery, her powers had calmed as she did on the drive. But she was still sensitive.

Sam looked around skeptically, he wasn't too keen on this new Sharon. He always felt like she was trying to force her way into Steve's life. But Steve had Evelyn, and she was the best thing that ever happened to Steve in the twenty-first century. Their children were precious to the family. Sam didn't want anyone getting in the way of Steve finally having what he always dreamed of, a happy, peaceful life with a family to call his own.

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam quips as he and the others look at all the art. He couldn't tell if it was real or not, because some of these pieces were in other museums around the world.

"I thought if i had to hustle, might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler. You know how much i can get for a real Monet?" Sharon quips, the tension easing ever so slightly as they moved along the long hallway lined with glass cases filled with priceless art.

Sam didn't buy it. "Easy, deactivate your hustle mode. You sell fake Monets." Sam states in disbelief.

"No. She means real. This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork." Zemo explains as he looks around at the artwork for himself, "Monet, Van Gogh. Classics."

"It's true." Bucky states as he stands in front of one piece, Mary in front of him. His flesh arm wrapped around her shoulders loosely. She rested her chin on his arm as her hands came to grip lightly onto his arm. The security it gave her was immense, all within a simple movement. "You know, half the artwork in museums like the Louvre is fake. Real stuff is in places like this." Bucky explains as well to Sam.

Mary stares at the piece in front of them, it was breathtaking. "Steve will be so upset over that." She chuckles absentmindedly. Bucky nodding with a half smile, a small chuckle escaping his lips as he imagines Steve's puppy face at the thought of priceless works of art not being allowed to be appreciated by the masses. Instead, sitting in galleries and black markets waiting for someone dirty to put it in their home.

"Okay, guys. I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old Sam." Sam quips as the couple moves near him.

"Yeah, but what's Google say?" Bucky quips with a smirk as he and Mary walk past Sam with his phone open to a Google page, searching up the piece in front of him.

"Three- two-" Mary counts down and then with one, she motions to Sam.

"No sh-.." Falcon whispers.

"Come on. You four need to change. I'm hosting clients in an hour." Sharon says from a distance and the group then makes their way towards where Sharon is leading them.