62. Turkish Delight?

Ayo stood in front of the couple, Bucky instinctively putting himself between the Dora and his wife. He knew she could protect herself now and had seen her do it in action even more than once now, but that still didn't stop him from doing what he had done for over seventy five years now on and off. His instincts to protect the woman he loved was so strong.

"How could you free him?" Ayo asked in anger and disbelief, she then turned to Mary with narrowed eyes, "How could you allow this?"

"We need his help." Bucky responds, knowing it isn't a proper answer for Ayo but it's the only one he has at this moment.

Mary watches Ayo carefully as the Dora begins to walk around them. She knew and felt the anger and betrayal that her friend was feeling. All the questions running in her head as to why and how they could even fathom breaking Zemo out of prison.

"With time, will and resources, the Winter Soldier programming was removed from you like rotting fur."

"And i'm grateful for that." Bucky says and then sighs. He looks at Mary and wraps his arm around her waist, holding her closely to him. "We're grateful for everything you, Shuri and T'Challa have done for us.. Our family-"

"Zemo murdered our King T'Chaka at the U.N. the man who chose us... who chose me.. To protect him." Ayo says, barely letting Bucky finish his sentence.

"We understand.." Mary says cautiously

"Very little." Ayo says curtly, "If anything, of our loss and our shame." She finishes with narrowed eyes. Mary knew that Ayo was the voice of T'Challa and the rest of Wakanda at the moment. It hurt her knowing her best friend was angry with her, but she knew Zemo was only useful until he wasn't. And when that moment came, Mary would put him right back where he belonged without hesitation. Zemo had done so much damage to not just her own family, but Wakanda as a whole by killing T'Chaka. She knew that pain. She felt it intimately. And she strived every day as T'Challa's advisor to help make up for that. To help ease the suffering she knew her best friend and the entire nation still felt. The loss of Wakanda's king was still felt deeply.

"uyindlela yokufikelela esiphelweni." He is a means to an end. Bucky says, hoping, if anything, that it would placate Ayo and the Wakandans.

"Eight hours, White Wolf." Ayo says sternly, staring at Bucky and then her eyes look down at Mary, "Until we come for him." She finishes, extending her hand for the beads she had dropped to lead the couple to her. Mary hands them to the Dora and watches as Ayo turns and walks away without another word.

Mary looks up at her husband as Bucky leads them in the opposite direction. "Alpha." she says worriedly

"I know." Is all Bucky can say in response.