21. Piglet?

Mary's eyes widen as she looks around after the team had all shrunken down

Mary's eyes widen as she looks around after the team had all shrunken down. She had seen all of this before in the test run, but this time it was the real mission. She needed to stay focused but she was amazed as she followed Clint, Natasha, Nebula and Rhodey into their tunnel, separating from her brother, son and the others.

When she grows to normal size, her clothes change to under armour that she put on and tapped her chest, the arc reactor activating and her Iron Man suit forming around her. She stands on what she assumes is Morag, looking around and taking in the planet she never knew existed until recently. She looked over her body and took in the color of her suit. Purple mixed with gold highlights. She knew Tony had remembered her favorite color and it suited the mother. Tony always had his signature red armor and then he had built Pepper her own suit recently. Morgan had found the helmet in his garage.

She watches as Rhodey helps guide the smaller ship from the Benatar. When the two groups mean to part from each other, she hugs Rhodey tightly. Mary's known him since he was in high school. Watching him turn into the man he is now was something she treasured deeply and would never change from her past. Mary watches as Rhodey said his goodbyes to Natasha and Clint before stepping over to her. She knew he had saved her for last.

Rhodey smiles, releasing his mother figure throughout his life, Mama Ree, "You take care of yourself. For everybody's sake." He says to her quietly. Mary rolls her eyes, she begins to protest but Rhodey stops her, "No, i'm serious. You're the glue that holds the Avengers together. I mean that."

Mary shakes her head, her cheeks flushing, "Rhodey, i'll be okay." She says, getting onto her tip toes and kisses his forehead. Rhodey smiles at her as Mary steps backwards onto the platform of the Benatar.

"You three watch each other's six." Rhodey calls to the three of them and they turn back to look at their friend.

"See you later, Rhodey." Mary waves at him, still getting used to wearing a full suit instead of just her boots and gloves. It felt like a good change, a proper one.

When the three sit down in their seats, Mary sits behind Natasha and Clint takes the driver's position. Clint presses the buttons he needs to and flips a few switches and soon the Benatar lifts off Morag and jumps into hyperspeed.

"I feel like we're in Star Wars." Mary teases and the partners chuckle. She wanted to share this moment so badly with Steve, but he was on his own mission in New York back in 2012. Mary couldn't go then because she was hard to hide, she was in the hospital during the Battle of New York. She wanted to go with Natasha and Clint to Vormir. She felt she could be useful with them. Something she always still struggled with.

Clint nods in agreement as he steers the Benatar where it's directed to go. "We're a long way from Budapest." He quips to them and both women laugh at their friend.

"I still don't know the whole story about what happened during that mission." Mary quips back at the both of them and the spy and archer laugh. They all watch as the stars soar past them at light speed. Thousands, millions of stars, Mary's eyes welled with tears as she felt the weight of having stopped counting. How she probably let Bucky down by doing so.