38. On a Very Special Episode... Prt 2

Bucky sits beside Darcy at a table after she had told him to stop standing in the corner like a creeper

Bucky sits beside Darcy at a table after she had told him to stop standing in the corner like a creeper. Woo had gone to get coffee for the four of them as Monica tries to figure out a way back into the Hex. The Captain had a white board behind her filled with theories of how to get back inside now that she had been expelled by both Wanda and Mary.

"Okay. Okay, I've got it." Monica says as she taps her hand with the marker. She turns around to look at Bucky and Darcy, "What i need is a 10,000 pound fallout shelter comprised of lead for photons, cadmium for neutrons, tantalum for seismic blasts.... on wheels." She sighs with a slight frown on her face. Darcy and Bucky share a look before turning back to Monica. "And then, I would be able to safely re enter Westview. Right?"

"Yes. Theoretically." Darcy comments.

"I'd add Vibranium to the list of what you need." Bucky adds, "It absorbs the vibrations of whatever comes into contact with it." He explains and both Monica and Darcy look at him with shocked expressions. The White Wolf simply shrugs, "You live in Wakanda for two plus years, their way of life becomes your own."

Monica takes in what Bucky says and then glances at the tv screen, seeing Mary on it briefly with the twins. She's understanding what this means to him, to get Mary back. She nods at Bucky's input, then looks at Darcy, "I can work with theoretically." She states.

Woo comes in with the tray of four coffees and quickly asks, "What'd I miss?"

"Twins aged up to ten." Bucky and Darcy say in unison.

"Holy Christmas. At this rate, they'll be empty nesters by dinner time." Woo comments and looks at Bucky, "Your kid age this fast?" He asks.

Bucky chuckles, shaking his head but then thinking about how Becca aged. "Becca had a different way of growing up." He explains, not forgetting that Woo only said kid, not kids, the world didn't know about the other Barnes children. And Mary and Bucky wanted to keep it like that until they decided to put them into school. Which they had already begun looking at schools for Jamie and Winnie as Becca prepped to go back to Midtown soon. "It wasn't white picket fences and tire swings for her like we wanted." He states.

Woo wants to ask further but Monica cuts in with her own conversation as her mind was focused on getting back into the Hex. "I know an aerospace engineer who'd be up for this challenge." She says but Darcy steps in.

"But i can't guarantee the Hex won't just mind-wipe you as you go in." Darcy points out and Bucky nods.

"Take it from someone who's been wiped before. Avoid it." He tells Monica.

Monica hesitates as she glances at Bucky then looks at Darcy as she quickly texts her friend. "Wait. What's a Hex?"

"Oh, um, it's what i'm calling the anomaly because of its hexagonal shape. It's starting to catch on." Darcy explains and Bucky shakes his head with a slight smile playing on his lips. Monica glances at Woo who shakes his head slightly. Darcy then looks at Monica again, "You really want to go back in there? After everything she'd put you through?" She asks.