02. The Golden Wolf

T'Challa was the first person outside of Mary's immediate family to hold James Steven Barnes

T'Challa was the first person outside of Mary's immediate family to hold James Steven Barnes. The advisor demanded that he would be, and no one was going to tell her no. The king was so careful with the infant, so gentle. It made Mary smile proudly at her best friend as he held her son. The son that they had all strived to protect when Killmonger tried to destroy Wakanda and what they stood for. She still had to tell Everett but when she had more energy.

"So?" Mary asks as T'Challa sits on the edge of the bed with her son in his arms. A smile never leaving either of their faces. "What wolf is he?"

T'Challa chuckles, "The Ingcuka yegolide." Golden Wolf. He says with a smile, "When you look at him, what do you do?" He asks.

Bucky chuckles, "You smile." He says, "Everything about him.. just makes you feel happy." He adds with a smile of his own. He was afraid to hold his son, his past mistakes and what he was forced to do made him worry that he would accidentally harm his son. But Becca proved to her father that he wouldn't harm Jamie, that he couldn't.

T'Challa nods in agreement, "The moment i saw him, even before i held him, i was smiling. I was filled with such joy. That is why he is the Golden Wolf, he is the sun to our darkness, he lights up the room with his light." He explains proudly. "The world is lucky to have him and i know he will do great things in his life."

Mary wipes her eyes as tears fall from her hazel eyes because of T'Challa's words but also because of her hormones due to the birth. But she didn't care, her son was a light in the darkness that surrounded the lives of most of her beloved family. She already knew that he would light up a room with his smile, his actions. He would bring warmth people desperately needed with a simple touch of his hand on theirs, a hug.

"He looks good in your blanket, T'Challa." Mary states as she watches Jamie begin to squirm in the king's arms. The African King reluctantly hands the newest Wolf over to his mother.

The king nods, humming in agreement, "He does. I'm glad my Mother kept it safe all these years." He states, watching the infant boy snuggle himself into his mother's arms and Mary held onto her son with such care and devotion. He knew that there was nothing she wouldn't do for her son, for her children. Even if it meant costing her everything else.

 Even if it meant costing her everything else