13. I Went for the Head

When everyone has greeted Tony and Nebula, they all file into the common room to go over what everyone knows has happened and to update who they've lost amongst their teams

When everyone has greeted Tony and Nebula, they all file into the common room to go over what everyone knows has happened and to update who they've lost amongst their teams. Mary and Evelyn had helped Tony into a wheelchair and hook him up to an IV drip so he could start his healing process. Carol changed out of her uniform top leaving her in a black tank top and Mary pulls a sweater over herself to keep her warm. Steve stood beside his fiance and sister with Jamie in his arms after Mary was done going over Tony, her final touch was not her doing, but Jamie's.

Tony's little brother climbed down from Steve's arms and walked over to the Iron Man slowly. He looked up at his brother with his wide hazel eyes and lifted Panthy up for Tony to take. "Dis for you. Panfy help." Jamie states and Tony is nearly brought to tears. He takes Pathy from Jamie and with a weak smile, ruffles Jamie's hair with his hand.

"Thanks, Sven." He whispers and Mary smiles from where she stands beside her brother and soon to be sister in law.

Rhodey watches his best friend carefully, everyone was on edge because of Tony's condition and they were all still reeling over the effects of Thanos and his army.

"It's been twenty-three days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey begins the meeting solemnly. Holographic pictures of those they lost to the Snap appear and filter through several faces that Mary knows all too well. And the first face she sees is Bucky's. She grips onto her brother tightly and he wraps his arm around Mary tightly, and then Bucky's picture changes into Becca's. And Steve and Evelyn both grab onto Mary to keep her from collapsing. Stephen's picture turns into Sam, Erik Selvig appears in one of the frames. Wanda's picture appears after Sam's, and then her picture changes into Pietro's.

Hope Van Dyne's picture appears and Mary's eyes widen. Was Scott okay? She hadn't heard one word from him since he and the others were taken into custody. Sam had mentioned he and Clint had taken deals with the governments to be with their families though. But her answer is revealed when his and Hank Pym's pictures appear next. Mary glances over to the other side of the table and sees Maria Hill's picture. "World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working... are trying to take a census and it looks like he did... " Natasha pauses trying to regain her composure as Peter's picture appears in front of Tony, he looks away as Shuri's picture appears after Spider-Man's. Mary nearly loses it again and Steve grips onto her tighter as T'Challa's picture appears after his sister's.

"He did exactly what he said he was gonna do." Evelyn says softly, letting Nat compose herself for a bit longer. The spy nods in thanks to the Erskine doctor. "Thanos wiped out fifty percent of all living creatures." She tells the room and it's quiet until Tony speaks.

"Where is he now? Where?"

"We don't know." Steve answers as Evelyn moves around her fiancé and grabs a chair for Mary. The grieving mother and widow sits down and pulls her precious boy into her lap to help keep her grounded. "He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve finishes, his left arm resting around Evelyn's shoulders, holding her close while his right arm is rested on Mary's neck and shoulders to keep them both stable.