54. It's Black Falcon!

Bucky didn't tell Sam nor Mary where he was taking them once they reached the states again

Bucky didn't tell Sam nor Mary where he was taking them once they reached the states again. It concerned the wife, she thought they had gotten everything from their pasts apart out into the open. No more secrets between them. But there was something so personal and important to Bucky that he felt the need to keep it hidden from his wife. His Luna.

And it didn't sit well with Mary.

So when they reached Baltimore, Maryland, it only confused Mary more.

Bucky threw his arm around her shoulders, interlocking their fingers and he gave her a small smile as they walked the streets of Baltimore. He knew she wasn't alright with him keeping this from her. But it was the one secret he would've taken to the grave had none of these new super soldiers existed.

"Hey, it's Black Falcon!" A kid sitting against a fence with his two friends shouted towards Sam. Mary laughed with a smile at her friend getting some attention from the kids. It always warmed her heart to see her family and friends interact with the younger generations.

"It's just Falcon, kid." Sam corrects the boy.

But the boy is stubborn, he shakes his head, "No, no. My daddy told me it's Black Falcon." He says with a shrug of his arms. Sam stops walking and looks at the kid with a raised eyebrow. Bucky and Mary continue walking until they stop a little ways ahead.

"Is... it because i'm Black and I'm the Falcon?" Sam asks curiously.

"Well... technically... i mean.. yes..?" The kid responds confusedly. Mary chuckles at the exchange.

"So... are you, like, Black kid?" Sam teases. The kid rolls his eyes and turns his head in a dramatic way as his friend laughs. "I got him, right?" He asks his friend who only laughs.

Bucky then leads his wife up the steps to a front door and she looks at her husband curiously. Sam follows behind and looks the house over curiously. "James... Why are we here?" She asks.

Sam surveys the surroundings and people around them then looks back at Bucky as the Sergeant knocks on the screen door. Sam then crosses his arms over his chest, curious as well to see who Bucky was taking his wife and her friend to meet.

A young teenager, no older than Winnie, opens the door and looks the three adults over. Bucky then nods to the teen, "We're here to see Isaiah." Bucky says, pulling Mary into his side, his arm going over her shoulders.

The teen eyes Bucky slightly and Mary can feel the tension coming from the boy, "Nobody named Isaiah live here." He responds curtly.