48. One Day

"She's good

"She's good." Steve said to his brother in law as he and Bucky watched Becca throw the shield that had been given to her by her uncle three months prior. She was increasingly getting better as the days progressed in her skills and movements with the shield. Peter had gone back to Queens two weeks after everyone had been snapped back, leaving Becca to have time with her family, her entire family.

"She'd put all of us to shame." Bucky commented as he held his niece in his arms, smiling down at Esme as she watched in awe of her cousin. The Rogers girl was always mesmerized by her family when they would

"She's our daughter. It's in her DNA." Mary says as she sits down beside her brother as she watches her daughter throw the shield against the poles in the training room. Steve and Bucky looked at Mary hesitantly. She was still recovering from the events that had transpired in Westview only three months ago. Her powers had grown and she had grown with them. Stephen offered aid and knowledge when he could, but he was busy with his own work in the Sanctum.

"How're you doing, Lizzie?" Steve asks his sister and she sighs, pushing hair behind her ear. Mary leaned back in her chair as her amber eyes were trained on her daughter.

"I'm okay." She says in reply but Steve had heard that before back when Mary was recovering from the loss of Winnie. He refused to believe it then, and he refused to believe it now. Steve raised an eyebrow at his sister and Bucky sighed with a soft smile.

"She is, Steve." Bucky defends his wife. "Talking it through with Evelyn has helped." He explains and Mary nods in agreement.

"No one understands what i went through, because no one experienced it like i did." Mary points out and the men sigh with a nod. No matter how much they didn't want to admit it, Mary was right. Try as they might, no one could understand what she went through.

"Papa? Can you come over here, please?" Becca calls for her father and Bucky nods. As he stands up, he hands Esme to her father and Steve smiles at his daughter.

"Need help?" Bucky asks his daughter but he could sense something was off in her demeanor. Something was weighing on her heavily and she needed to talk it through. "If something's bugging you, why don't we talk it through as a family meeting?" He offers and Becca hesitates but nods.

"I would like to hear other perspectives." Becca mumbles under her breath as she removes the shield as she exits the training area.

"What's the matter?" Mary asks as she looks at her daughter and husband when they come over to where Steve is sitting with his daughter and sister. Mary looked at Becca and could feel the turmoil in her soul, the anxiousness and anticipation.

"Family meeting?" Becca asks softly and Steve glances at his sister.

Mary watches her daughter closely and then nods, "All right, family meeting." She says, squeezing her Kimoyo beads to send a signal to Winnie, Evelyn and Jamie.