53. Cyborg Brain of Yours

Bucky hoisted his wife off her feet and onto his shoulders as he, Sam and Mary began to walk back to where they could get a ride back to the States from the airport

Bucky hoisted his wife off her feet and onto his shoulders as he, Sam and Mary began to walk back to where they could get a ride back to the States from the airport. Mary smiled softly as Bucky rested his hands on her knees and calves. Her hands gently combing through his hair, she could feel that it was calming to him after their revelation of more super soldiers. "We can't tell Steve... Not yet.." She says to them both. She could feel Bucky was torn about telling their brother, Steve had a right to know, being the first super soldier in existence, but at the same time, Steve was retired. He was happy with his family in Wakanda now. Bucky and Mary didn't want to interfere with that.

Sam looks up at Mary hesitantly, "Why not?" He asks, "Shouldn't he know?"

Bucky shakes his head, he knew his brother more than most. He had been with Steve since before the serum. If Steve knew there were more out there, if Evelyn knew. It would cause the Rogers family to be consumed with righting the wrongs done to the Erskine family legacy. The legacy both Steve and Evelyn were a part of. They would want to know everything from the how, the why, when and where. They would want all the information. But Mary and Bucky didn't have any answers yet.

"Not until we have answers." Mary responds to Sam and it clicks in his mind. He eventually nods in agreement and then looks at the couple with a small smirk.

"Sorry about RedWing." Bucky says after a few minutes of silence. Mary glances down at her husband's head with a raised eyebrow of suspicion.

"No, you're not." Sam retorts and then looks up at Mary, "I know she is though." He teases and Mary winks at her friend, pointing at him as if to tell him, 'i got you.' "What's going on in that big cyborg brain of yours?"

"Sa-"

"It's computing." Bucky states back sarcastically and Mary's amber eyes widen as she tries to hold in her laughter. Her hand over her mouth as she stifles her laughs. It had been far too long since she heard her husband joke like he used to back in their old time.

"You know? I can actually see it, Alpha." Mary teases, joining in on the joke. Her husband suppresses a chuckle as he dips his head, shaking it.

"I can see the gears turning." Sam interjects with a laugh. "Oh! They're malfunctioning, shutting down. Yep, they're on fire." He jokes and Mary laughs.

"We gotta figure out where the serum's coming from." Bucky states, bringing the conversation back to the topic and problem at hand. How did eight people come into contact with the super soldier serum that was supposed to be destroyed decades ago.

"Yeah. And how the hell after eighty years are there eight super soldiers runnin' loose?" Sam questions and Mary nods in agreement.

"It doesn't add up." Mary says as the motor of a car pulls up alongside them. Mary turns to see the imposter along with his sidekick and her eyes instantly narrow. Bucky holds onto his wife's legs to keep her from getting off his shoulders and attacking Walker. His own eyes roll when the horn of the car honks at the three of them.