24. Assemble

It took everything within Steve to not collapse onto his knees in happiness as he saw T'Challa's mask removed from his face

It took everything within Steve to not collapse onto his knees in happiness as he saw T'Challa's mask removed from his face. The King of Wakanda watched his comrade and friend take deep breaths to try and prevent the onslaught of tears they all knew were forming in the Captain's eyes. He had lost so much already, and to see them, to hear his brother and friend as well. It made the man the happiest he'd been since the day Esme was born.

T'Challa nodded towards Steve, unspoken words being said amongst the two of them. They were here to fight, to take back what they had lost, and to seek revenge against Thanos. To avenge those they didn't even know yet that they had lost.

Sam flew in from the same portal as Bucky followed behind the King. He smirked at his brother in law and then his eyes scanned for his wife. His beloved Luna. She had to be here somewhere, possibly unconscious but she had to be here. She wouldn't have given up hope, right?

Right?

As Sam flew around in the sky, dozens of portals began to open at once. The one Steve turned to look at first, as well as Bucky, was the one where Stephen Strange floated down onto the ground. Those the Captain assumed were the Guardians of the Galaxy appeared behind and beside Strange. Steve knew the Guardians from Rocket and Jamie's story book.

And then he heard the thwip of a web.

Spider Man came flying through the portal with a precious teenage girl with her arms wrapped around his neck. When Peter landed, his mask retreated and he stood up in awe of everything around him, and he never let her go. Because he had let her go before, and it put him through hell.

But Peter was never leaving Becca's side, ever again.

Becca smiled wide as she saw her uncle and father as she looked around, she removed her hood and mask from her face, her vibrant blue eyes brimming with tears as she held onto Peter like her life depended on him. She waved at her uncle and Steve smiled wider than ever before since the Snap.

"Everyone's here." Becca whispers to Peter who nods in agreement. He had no words as he stood there in awe of those around him. How he had the love of his life back. They would need to talk about what they would be after all of this was over, but for right now. The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dazzling Crystal were together again. And the two of them had never felt more proud of each other.

Tears slip from Steve's eyes as T'Challa shouts the battle cry to rally everyone.

"Yibambe!"

"Yibambe!" As he and his troops chanted loudly, they filed through the portals behind T'Challa in the thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands. Wanda floated down beside Becca and Peter and the teenager squealed in delight, seeing her mother's close friend again.

Thor rose from his place on the ground where Thanos had beaten him. Tony slowly stood from his place as well and stared in shock and awe as his wife landed from a portal donning her armor he had made for her.