my love(s) ~ Age 14

AN: I told y'all I was speedrunning this!

He didn't ask for her name.

But she'd repeat Asao's so many times that it made him feel sick. With her palms pressing into her swollen belly, she cried and sobbed and bled through her eyes with so many tears Aizen was afraid he'd be swept away.

Asao. Asao. Asao. Asao. Asao.

Over and over again.

She knew of his deeds—of his treason—yet she still mourned his death.

"He wanted to say goodbye." He told her, eyes glued to her trembling shoulders.

Her hair was light, so light it would almost be considered blond. And her eyes, so much darker than Asao's own, mossy ones, were bloodshot, with little, crimson veins surrounding the irises.

The complete opposite.

"Goodbyes are meant for those we won't see again. My condolences."

She banged her fists against the floor the moment she collapsed onto her knees. Relentlessly, she hit it, over and over again, as if that would do anything to quench the feelings of loss. Then, she began chanting another name, a name Aizen couldn't quite hear through the choked out sobs. It only made sense that it was the baby's name, the very same baby she cradled in her hands—the very same hands she now used to hit the floor.

For a moment, he wondered: Would it look like Asao? With the very same ebony hair and mossy eyes?

And...would it go down the very same path?

Without another word, he turned around and left.

_

The moment he stepped outside and onto the dimly lit streets, it dawned on him.

There was nowhere for him to go.

There was nobody he could go to.

He was alone.

Alone, alone, alone.

_

The grass wasn't as vibrant as it was that day.

And there wasn't a single cloud in the sky.

It felt fitting. After all, she was no longer there as well. Instead, there was only the endless sky that would inevitably switch over to grey as it got colder and colder.

The greys would make everything bleak, and all life would lose its colours.

Everything would start to die.

Hanae. Hanae. Hanae. He'd repeat her name, silently and loudly, rolling it off his tongue in hopes that she'd perhaps show herself to him. Even in the flicker of light, even as a lie, even as a mere mirage he'd soon forget about.

Then he faltered, because if she were to show herself to him, alive and well and as bright as the morning sun, what would he say? How would he...explain himself as he was now? How would he act? How would he behave? Would it make his heart soar, or would it just hurt more, for she was alive and well but Hikaru wasn't?

How would he explain Hikaru?

He wasn't good with words when it came to feelings. He wasn't good with words at all, but he would try, he really would. He'd tell her of Hikaru's paintings, and his laughter, and his sorrows, and his pains. He'd tell her that even if Hikaru never showed it, he loved her all the same. He'd tell her of his grief, of his love, of his...everything?