Academy Days ~ Age 10

Somehow, Aizen had popped the rubber ball on that day. After that, he kept trying and trying and trying to do it once again. It was the same as with the water balloon. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

He really couldn't predict when it would work and when it wouldn't.

Which was bad.

Minato needed to see that he had managed to pop it.

Speaking of Minato... He and Aizen didn't speak about their quarrel, Minato had just climbed into his bed and whispered apologies into his hair. Really, Aizen couldn't stay mad at him.

He was his brother. He was the only family he had. And he can't blame Minato for being overly protective of him... They had lost their parents years ago and it was perfectly normal for Minato to be afraid of losing him too.

Even though he still didn't understand how it felt to lose someone. He didn't remember their parents. Not even a single memory of them was stuck in his mind.

Nothing.

The earliest memory he could think of was, of course, of Minato.

The two of them were inside and Minato was babbling some kind of nonsense to him. Maybe he was talking to him in baby tongue, or he was imitating what Aizen was telling him.

Who knows? Only Minato, but Aizen never asked him about it.

He wasn't planning on doing that, anyway.

Ah... It really confused him sometimes. The overwhelming feelings he would get. He didn't understand them.

He didn't understand a lot of things.

_

"Aizen, let's go," Minato urged him ahead of himself, "You don't want to be late, right?"

"Of course not." He replied, begrudgingly walking past the taller, blond man. It was the second to last day of the academy and Minato was going with him since he had to go to the Hokage Tower for a mission.

"Is Obito waiting for you at the academy?" Minato asked as he quickly pulled his shoes on.

"I hope so, I don't like it when I have to wait for him," his brother laughed from besides him, "What's so funny?"

"He would be sad if he heard that." Sad... Really... He would probably pout for the rest of the day.

"Hey, I hate being late more than I love him." Minato chuckled and shook his head at his words.

"Oh, he would definitely be sad," Aizen joined him and they grinned at one another, "Let's go, I don't have much time until class starts and I hope Obito is waiting for me there."

Minato sighed at his little brother's behaviour.

Seriously, from who did he get the obsession of being on time?

_

The two of them separated near the academy and Minato waved at him, to which Aizen replied with a wave of his own.

"Aizen!" A yell resounded from behind him and the said boy turned around just in time to feel Obito slam into him.

"Obito!" Aizen exclaimed as he tripped over his own foot and slammed into the ground back-first.

"Oh! Sorry!" Obito immediately apologised and hastily stood up, swiping the dirt off his pants, "Here, let me help you up." He reached his hand forward and Aizen took it with a sour expression.

"Seriously! This isn't the first time this has happened!" He scolded him with narrowed eyes and he watched as Obito's shoulders slumped at the reprimand he received, "You need to be more careful, you could have gotten hurt."