Sorry ~ Age 13

AN: Warning! There will be some sensitive subjects later on the the chapter!

Sometimes, one doesn't realise that happy moments are fleeting.

They come and go and... they never come back.

_

"I'll be off!" He called out as he took the doorknob in hand.

Before he could pull at it, footsteps approached him, "Do you have everything you need?" Minato asked him, the usual bright pink apron tied around his waist.

Aizen smiled at the sight, "Yeah."

He watched as his brother returned his smile, "That's good," Minato stepped closer, hand reaching to the back of Aizen's head, "I won't get to say happy birthday to you... again." He pulled him forward and planted his lips onto his forehead.

"It's fine." Aizen mumbled out into the fabric of the man's shirt.

Minato leaned back, "It isn't, but there's nothing we can do about that." They stood there for a few seconds, before Minato spoke up, "Aizen, come back safely all right?"

The younger boy blinked, caught off guard by his brother's concern, "Of course I will."

He'll always come back.

_

This winter was by far the coldest one yet. Not even the thick coat, or the scarf, could help him against the cold.

He reached his team's usual meeting spot and immediately noticed Hanae and Hikaru were already there. The girl was literally shaking in place, half of her face concealed by her collar, but half her neck was bare.

"You're late." Hikaru raised his brows at him.

Aizen huffed, "Asao-sensei isn't here yet, so no, I'm not."

The two of them stared at one another for a moment or two, before identical grins rose to their faces.

From the corner of his eye, he noticed a particularly strong shiver racked through Hanae's body. Taking a deep breath, he reached around his neck and pulled the scarf off. He saw that Hikaru was questioningly looking at him, but he didn't say anything in explanation.

He stepped towards Hanae and reached his hands forward. The girl, noticing he was coming closer, stepped back, warily looking at him, "What are you doing?" She asked, glancing between him and the scarf in his hands.

"What does it look like? You're shivering like mad." He reached towards her again, but she moved out of the way.

"I don't need it." She averted her eyes, not looking at him.

Huh...?

"Hanae, take it!" Once again, he came closer.

"No!" And once again, she moved back.

He couldn't come close enough to her, "Hikaru!" He yelled, making eye contact with the pale-eyed boy.

"Yes! Yes!" With light amusement in his tone, the dark-haired boy lunged forward and took hold of Hanae, holding her in place, "Do it!"

The girl tried to struggle, but it proved useless as Hikaru tightly held her in place.

"Do I even want to know?" Someone asked just as Aizen was about to warp the scarf around her neck.

They turned to the side and saw Asao standing there with his arms crossed over his chest, "Ah, hi, sensei!" Aizen innocently grinned, "What brings you here?" He asked, taking a step away from Hanae.