The Fountain of Consciousness ~ Age 10

After the introductions were done, Asao told them to meet him tomorrow at 7am, at the Third Training Ground, before he left on an urgent mission, leaving the three of them in the classroom.

Alone.

"That Jounin... He's too happy-go-lucky." Aizen heard Hikaru speak up a feet away from him.

"And? What's wrong with that?" He couldn't hold back the annoyance he felt. Hikaru was always one of those people who continued adding fuel to the fire. No matter how far he would go, he wouldn't stop.

His pride was too big for him to stop.

"He's a shinobi, he should act more like it." Hikaru replied, leaning his head back.

"Shinobi are also people, Hyuuga." Unexpectedly, it was Hanae who chose to speak up.

"Shut it, freak!" Hikaru sneered at her, "I don't need to hear your voice!" He stood up, teeth flashing at the dark-skinned girl. Hanae didn't look offended, it was as if she was used to something like that.

Did Aizen really not pay that much attention in the academy? Were things like this for her even before?

"Hikaru, stop it." The boy's lavender eyes snapped in Aizen's direction and the blond noticed the small veins around them. His Byakugan wasn't yet activated, but it looked like it was on the verge of doing just that.

"Don't butt in, blondie!" He snapped at Aizen, which was expected, to be honest, "Stay out of this!" The dark-haired boy turned his attention back to the girl, "She's a freak and she knows it!"

Hanae sat quietly, not even looking at the angered boy.

"Why is she a freak?" Pale eyes slid in his direction and the veins around them bulged.

"Why is she not?! Look at her! Every single thing about her screams 'freak'!" He pointed a finger at the girl, angrily staring at Aizen.

"Because of her dark skin? Because of her white hair? So what?" Aizen raised his brows, clearly not understanding what the other boy was going on about. Nothing was wrong with the way Hanae looked... Absolutely nothing.

"Are you kidding me?! What?! You have some kind of crush on her, don't you?!" Hikaru accused him, lips pulling back into a grimace, "How perfect!" Aizen really didn't understand what was going on inside the other boy's head, "Why don't you two spend some much needed time together, eh? I'm leaving!" The veins around his eyes receded and the boy sauntered out of the room, but not before he stopped and turned around, "Have a nice date!" He exited the classroom, not even bothering to close the door.

Aizen closed his eyes to take a deep breath. What has he gotten himself into? What kind of team was this? There was no way they could do anything together or even have the same opinions... "Why did you defend me?" Hanae's soft voice resounded through the classroom, "There was no need for you to get involved."

"Why?" Confused, Aizen tilted his head, "Nobody deserves something like that."

"Do they now...?" Hanae reached her hands behind her head to pull the light grey hood over her head, "From now on," she stood up, walking past Aizen, "Don't interfere." Her form disappeared as she walked through the door, and closed it behind herself, not sparing Aizen a glance.

He sat there, in the classroom, wondering if the situation could get worse than it already had.

_

The situation got worse.

As soon as he got home, he was met with Minato.

"Is something the matter?" He asked the older blond as he took of his shoes.