Regret ~ Age 13

He sat there, in the bloodstained snow, no strength left in him to move. No matter how many times he opened and closed his eyes, the sight before him didn't change.

She still laid there, not moving, her skin slowly turning blue.

Long since had her heart stopped beating. Long since had her lips stopped trembling. Long since had her chest stopped rising.

And so, as the cold froze his bones and the wind dried his skin, he stayed there.

_

"-zen!" He heard something. Something akin to his name being called.

But he ignored it. There was no way anyone would find him.

"-zen!" Once again, he heard it. Half of his name was yelled.

He pulled his hand free of Hanae's frozen grasp and shifted so he could look around. There was no one in sight. Only infinite whiteness and the now barely visible blood trails.

"Aizen!" He flinched, his name sounding closer than ever, "Aizen!" The crunching of snow was the first thing he heard, before something grabbed onto his shoulders.

Pale, lavender eyes filled his vision, bringing back colour to his white and crimson world. He opened his lips to speak, but no words left them. With furrowed brows, he tried again and it ended up the same. His throat burned and a cough ripped out of it, followed by a quick gasp. He blinked, feeling his frozen lashes brush against his skin.

"Hikaru! Is he all right?!" Another voice called out and Aizen's world was filled with more colour.

Green.

"I think he's in shock!" The boy in front of him raised his voice and Aizen flinched back at the loud noise, "Shh, Aizen, it's all right." Something was placed on his cheek and he moved away, not liking how hot it felt.

Hot. He felt too hot. Moving away, he turned back to Hanae, reaching his hand towards her. Before that could happen, another hand wrapped around his wrist, "Aizen. You can stop now." Asao softly whispered.

Stop? Stop what? From the corner of his eye, he noticed that Hikaru's lavender eyes were glistening, "Hi... karu?" He croaked, leaning towards the boy.

"We're going home, Aizen." The dark-haired boy told him as translucent drops slid down his skin.

Home? He looked back at Hanae.

They're going home.

_

His body felt heavy, the coat wrapped around him did little to nothing to lessen the cold he felt. Hikaru tightened the hold he had on his legs, propping him up on his back. Aizen had his cheek leaned against Hikaru's shoulder, no strength left to even move his head. He was kind of glad he couldn't, because on the other side ran Asao.

With Hanae in his arms.

This way, all he could see was white, no crimson to stain its purity.

And yet, all he could see was red.

_

"We need a medic!" His eyes fluttered open and bright light assaulted his vision. He was being moved around, too hot hands touching his too cold skin. There was no use in him trying to shift away from the touch, the hands would only take hold of him again, "Aizen, calm down, please!" Someone begged him, but he couldn't calm down.

Something wrapped around his elbow and a stinging sensation went up his arm, "N-No!" He thrashed around.

"What did you do to him?!" A familiar voice yelled out and Aizen heard shuffling.