This dream isn't feeling sweet ~ Age 13

Morning came as fast as the night passed.

The early critters sang their merry song, but he was anything but lively. Despite it being summer, the air was as cold as if it were still early spring. The covers laid upon his bare arms, layers of silk brushing over skin paler than the midnight moon. Aizen sat up, and the covers slid off him, exposing him to the light breeze that slipped past the doors of the balcony.

He left them open...

Biting back the urge to shiver, he threaded upon the cold floorboards and took hold of the balcony door. The glass felt prickling on his skin, but he closed it shut without a second thought.

The sun hadn't risen over the horizon yet—he had time to get ready.

Curling his arms around himself, he made his way into the bathroom, ready to start his day.

_

The sound of a zipper sliding shut filled the silence of his room, and he raised the bag, hoisting it onto his shoulders.

His brother was most likely still asleep. There was no need for Aizen to wake him up, a simple note will do the job.

With those thoughts in his mind, he quietly slipped out of his room and closed the door, before the floorboard under his feet let out a vile screech. He froze in place, internally cursing himself for not remembering that specific part of the floor.

And then, the door of his brother's room slid open, "Aizen...?" The man stepped out, visibly tired. His hair stuck out in different directions, some strands even poked his eye. Minato rubbed his eyes and stifled down a yawn, "Why are you up so..." he blinked, taking notice of the bag on Aizen's shoulders, "... early?"

Ah... He should've been more careful... "I have a mission." He simply said, making move to walk past him.

"A mission?" Minato lightly raised his voice, "Were you planning on going and not saying anything?"

Damn it... Why couldn't have he just ignored the little sound that he heard? Why did he have to go out and see what was going on? "I was planning on leaving a note." He knew his words didn't justify his actions, but that was the only thing he could've done.

"But I was here. There was no need to leave a note, you could've just woken me up." Minato brushed his words aside, stating his own.

The bag on Aizen's shoulders suddenly felt heavy, "I didn't want to wake you. You barely sleep as it is, especially now that you're going to become the Hokage."

The Hokage... "I understand, but I'm your brother. I'd choose you over sleep any time." The man was leaning onto the door side, expression still twisted into a tired one. Aizen noticed that his eye bags had gotten more pronounced, and his complexion had significantly grown paler.

Minato looked like a mess, "I know. That's why I didn't want to say anything. Prioritise yourself more."

His brother sighed at his words, exasperation clear in the way he shook his head, "You also know that I can't do that. My well-being isn't a priority to me, never was. You, Kushina, and soon the village, are." Minato continued, disregarding Aizen's worries. He was stubborn, it must run in the family at that point.

"Fine. I don't know when I'll be back, no information was revealed to me about the mission. I don't know what we'll be doing, nor what kind of mission it's going to be, but I need to go now. I don't want to be late." Aizen changed the subject, just wanting to leave as soon as possible. Their little conversation would turn into a full-blown argument if things continued as they were.