The ones who were left behind ~ Age 13

He had a dream after some time.

It was a dream that was so realistic, he didn't know if he was dreaming or not.

He could barely remember it, but it was almost as if it were only a distant memory.

Everything seemed hazy, even the air felt different than usual. The wind blew, as usual, tousling the cherry blossom petals around. The Gates of Konoha stretched far into the sky as he stood still, watching the distant figures slowly approach.

Four silhouettes became more and more visible with each second that passed.

Excitement bloomed inside his chest like a flower in spring, "You're back!" He had yelled, waving his hand at the approaching figures.

"Of course we're back!" Obito's voice was a bit distorted, but it was his voice nonetheless.

They were back... All four of them.

But then Aizen woke up and he was met with an empty room.

His chest ached.

_

"Breakfast is ready!" Kushina yelled from the kitchen, a light skip in her steps as she placed the plates on the table. Since Minato was on a mission, she felt it would be nice for her to spend time with Aizen, so she asked him if she could stay with him in the house until Minato came back.

She could still remember his answer, and it brought joy into her very being.

He had told her that there was no need for her to leave even when Minato came back. Honestly, that boy almost made her cry. She and Minato had talked about that a while ago, and she was hesitant about moving in with them. She had heard all about Aizen's fragile state at that time, but he looked much better than the last time she saw him. Minato seemed disappointed at her decision, but agreed nonetheless.

Maybe they should have that conversation again when he comes back.

"I'm here!" She heard Aizen's voice in the kitchen and she glanced ahead, met with his disastrous bed hair. His blond tresses stuck out in different directions, some of them even poking him in the eyes.

She reached a hand to cover her lips, trying to stifle her laugh, "Oh my... That's quite a look." She watched as he blinked, a pale hand threading through his hair.

"Shut it..." He turned away, hints of redness on his cheeks.

That was all it took for her laughter to begin resounding through the house. She had to take hold of the table as to not fall down. Her hair slid over her shoulder and she moved back to prevent it from falling atop the plates. It took all her strength not to fall over, "That's hilarious~" She grinned at him, further making his cheeks lit up.

"Kushina~" He whined out, stomping his foot down like a child.

She shook her head, "Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry, but you were just too cute. Both Minato and you are so easy to tease."

The boy in front of her huffed and made his way to the table. He took a seat and blinked at the food in front of him, "Oh, you made breakfast..." He mumbled out.

Kushina tilted her head, "Are you still half-asleep?" She called him down because of breakfast, did he not hear her?

"Sorry, probably," he covered his lips with his palm as he yawned, tears collecting at the corner of his eyes, "I'm not a morning person..." He muttered, lightly sniffing.

She could see that, "It's okay! Eat up." She urged him, standing still as he took a bite.

An immediate expression of delight flashed across his features, "This is so good~" He wiggled in his seat, excitedly shaking his hands around.