Ones wishes ~ Age 12

"Are you telling me there's nothing that you want?" Minato sounded incredulous.

Not that Aizen was surprised at his tone of voice.

He nodded, resting his chin on his brother's chest, "Yeah... There's nothing I want."

There really wasn't... Minato had already spoilt him enough, even if there was something that he wanted, there was no way he would ask for it. It would be too much.

The man hummed, softly threading his pale fingers through Aizen's hair, "When you were younger, you didn't hesitate to ask for something... What's the sudden change?" The question was expected.

But, Aizen didn't know how to answer it.

There was something in Minato's tone that told him the man was... concerned? Was it that unexpected for Aizen to not ask for something? Really... He was spoilt rotten, wasn't he?

"Well... I guess I already have everything I need, right?" He titled his head, staring at Minato, "You're here, Kushina's here, my team, your team, Itachi and Mikoto. I have it all, what else is there for me to have?"

The man didn't answer for a few seconds, before he slowly sat up, forcing Aizen to lean back. With a soundless sigh, Minato wrapped his arms around Aizen in a tight hug. His head rested on the boy's head, fingers bunching up the back of his pyjama shirt, "You sound so adult-like... That's not fair."

It wasn't fair?

"How so?" Aizen mumbled out, shifting so it was his cheek that was pressed into Minato's chest, instead of his nose.

From the position they were in, he could feel the drums of his brother's heart. They were strong beats, ones strengthening the fact that his brother was alive... That blood was pumping through his veins.

"It's just... You shouldn't sound like an adult when you're so young... I know that you're a shinobi now, but I still see you as my little brother... I still see you as the brother I need to protect from everything." His words were whispered into the dimly lit room, voice coming out a little bit shaky.

Mikoto's words echoed in his mind, "He feels as if you're still his little, baby brother, one he was left with. The ten years he raised you went by quickly. They went by so quickly that, for him, it didn't feel like ten years."​

He understood what Minato was talking about.

"I still am your little brother. Nothing will ever change that fact." The fabric of Minato's shirt felt itchy on his skin, but he made no move to pull away, completely disregarding it.

A soft, lighthearted chuckle left Minato's lips, "Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just not used to you being like that. I'm sorry for bringing it up." The apology was unneeded.

"Don't apologise to me. There's nothing you should apologise for... Never." Aizen assured him, pulling away just enough so he could look up at Minato. His bright blue eyes shone even in the darkest of nights.

Aizen will always see them as a beacon which will guide him through the darkness.

Minato was his beacon. His light. A source of comfort and safety.

"You're my aniki... Nothing you ever do will be the cause of your apologies. I promise you that. The future may be uncertain, but I know one thing for sure; I love you, and nothing will ever change that fact." To say that Minato's expression didn't turn a little bit broken would be a lie.

The man instantly breathed out, as if Aizen's words had overwhelmed him for a moment. His eyes turned glossy, tears threatening to slide down his skin, "You..." he mumbled out, voice cracking, "I really love you, otouto." He somehow managed to get the words out, but those same words were all it took for the floodgates to open.