The third step ~ Age 11

To say that Aizen was surprised when Asao put them up for the Chuunin Exams would be an understatement.

Spring had just begun and the weather had cleared up, it was a bit warmer so it was ideal for the exams to start.

"Are you serious?" Was the first thing that left Aizen's lips. He was taken aback at Asao's presence, since they barely had any missions during winter, but the man appeared and informed them about the exams.

Asao tilted his head, slight confusion radiating off his form, "Is there a problem?" He asked.

Shaking his head, Aizen continued, "It's just... weird. You were rarely even here with us and you suddenly appear, saying you want us to take the exams... It's weird."

"As much as I hate to say it, I agree with him," Hikaru spoke up from besides them, "It's weird."

Asao sighed, glancing at Hanae. The girl said nothing, but she seemed to be agreeing with the two boys, "I apologise for my absence, it had been a rough few months for me and... I don't have an excuse," he lowered his head, "But I think you can take this exam... The three of you were in the top five of the academy graduates, I believe you can pass." He sounded confident in his own words.

Aizen? Not so much, "I... will trust you on your words. When are the exams?" He leaned back in his seat, peering at the window besides him. It was starting to get dark.

"In a few weeks, I know it's late of me to say that, but... They didn't think it would even be wise to hold the exams, concerning the... war problem." Asao explained.

That caught Hanae's attention, "Wait. Does that mean Iwa is... participating?" Her words snapped both of the boys out of their thoughts and they turned to her, before they glanced at Asao for clarification.

"Sadly, yes. We cannot allow the other villages to learn of our conflict just yet. It would cause distress." Was his answer, even though he looked really concerned about the matter.

Hikaru groaned, closing his eyes, "Great... Just what we needed. We're going to be in trouble during the exam if we have any contact with Iwa Genins."

"You can say that again." Aizen spoke up.

_

"Aniki, teach me the last step of the Rasengan!" Aizen demanded, staring up at Minato.

The man was taken aback at his hurried tone, "Are you... in a rush? I know we're behind schedule with it..." He said, warily looking at his younger brother.

"Because of the Chuunin Exams, I need something special and I need to learn the Rasengan," Aizen leaned forward with wide eyes, "And now, like, right now. I have only a few weeks before the exams and I need to get it perfected!"

Minato blinked, taking a step back, "That's fine with me, but you need to keep in mind that this jutsu isn't to be taken lightly. It is strong enough to... kill. You need to be careful if you want to use it during the exam." He explained.

Aizen nodded and took Minato's wrist in his own, "I understand the risks and everything, let's go."

The man gave little to no struggle as he was pulled out of the house.

_

"Okay, you see the balloon in my hand?" Minato asked, moving his hand around. At Aizen's nod, he continued, "The last step is by far the hardest one, as expected. Combining the first two steps, you need to spin your chakra within the balloon, but the balloon must not be moved or popped." He explained.

Aizen stood in front of him, nodding his head, "So, I need to concentrate my chakra within the balloon, spin in, and not cause the balloon to burst or move?" He asked.