A lone cloud ~ Age 12

If there was ever a need for Aizen to associate Hanae with something, he was sure of what he would pick.

A cloud.

The girl was aloof, never staying in one spot for too long. She was never the one to spark up a conversation, nor has she ever tried to keep one going for longer than necessary.

That was just how she was and there was nothing wrong with that.

But, there were times that she looked... unusually vulnerable. That time, when he asked her if she found her own birthday important, she showed various emotions, ones he hadn't seen her show before.

It was odd, seeing that.

So, as they sat at the training grounds, the sun blaring down atop them, he found himself unable to tear his eyes away from her. Somehow, winter passed in a hurry and spring washed over them.

The small amounts of flowers which grew amid the grass spread to their full size, soaking in the sun's rays.

Hanae's snowy locks fluttered in the light breeze, sliding atop her shoulders — it had gotten longer over the past few months. Hikaru laid away from them, eyes closed as he rested his arms beneath his head. Asao had called out to them, so he could explain that their missions would be postponed for a few days, since he needed to get some things done with the Hokage.

And now, the three of them remained on the training ground, enjoying the warmth that was offered to them.

The girl shifted, allowing Aizen the briefest of moments to catch sight of her eyes.

As the sun washed over them, he noticed the equal parts of blue and a chorus of greys, streaked with silvers and golds. Her eyes reminded him of dusk, just when the sky was painted in colours and the silver clouds covered parts of it.

Through the glass — her eyes — was the ever changing art of the sky, the clouds that brought infinite images of beauty.

Once the wind blew again, the sight of her eyes was lost beneath her colourless hair.

He glanced up, the ever-spreading blue filling his vision. In that moment, the clouds were white marble on blue satin, dove grey underneath and brilliant white where they were thin enough to let the light slip through.

A light sound made him look in Hikaru's direction. The dark-haired boy was slowly standing up, pale hands dusting at the back of his pants, "I'll get going, I'm not a fan of the heat." Were his words.

"You're leaving already?" Aizen spoke up, leaning onto his left hand.

Hikaru shrugged, "Meh. The sun looks nice, I might as well head on home to make use of my artistic capability." He winked, before he raised his arms above his head, a light crack breaking the brief silence, followed by a satisfied sigh.

"You know, you still haven't showed us any of your paintings... When's that gonna happen?" Aizen raised his brows.

The pale-eyed boy grinned, "Never." With a wave of his hand, he promptly turned around.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't!" Aizen yelled after him.

Hikaru continued walking, but he peered back at him, "And lead a life as boring as yours?! No thanks, I'm good!"

Seriously... Aizen could do nothing but shake his head in amusement.

He was glad Hikaru and he had gotten over their little spats in the past. They always found a way to ruin his mood. Now, their friendly banter could make Aizen feel good even on a bad day.