Academy Days ~ Age 8

"Aizen!" The voice sounded muffled through the room door, but nonetheless, the said boy heard it. He blinked his eyes open and was met with the darkness of his room. "Aizen!" The voice called out once again and the young boy begrudgingly sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Aizen!" Footsteps thundered from outside his room. The door was swung open and the bright light assaulted the boy's unprepared eyes. "Why are you still in bed?!" The man questioned, stomping across the room.

His bright pink apron almost made Aizen burst out laughing. It was something that the young boy had picked out and Minato bought it because he couldn't resist his brother's cute little face.

"Is it time already?" Aizen asked as he grimaced at the light, before he threw the sheet from across his body.

"It is". With that, the blinds were pulled apart and the room was lit up in a brief flash. Great... More blindness...

Aizen yawned and scratched the back of his head, before he swung his legs over the side of the bed. This sucked. Today was the first day of the academy and he wasn't at all excited to go there. Why couldn't he just stay home? Wouldn't that be best?

"Is this really necessary?" He glanced at the blond man and upon noticing the look on his face, he realised. Yes... It was necessary... "Ugh". He rolled his eyes and got off the bed, intending to go to the bathroom.

"Did you just roll your eyes?" Aizen stopped in his tracks as he immediately felt beads of sweat collect at the back of his neck. He saw it... He saw it!

"No... Minato-niichan...". He mumbled out, feeling the floor beneath his feet drum as Minato approached him.

"Are you sure about that?" Aizen could hear the amusement in his voice, but he stood still, not even turning around to look at him.

"Positive". He heard a snort from behind him, before arms wrapped around his waist and he was raised in the air. A gasp escaped his lips at the sudden movement. A moment later, he was sailing through the air and was met with the soft covers of the bed.

"You're on!" Minato declared and jumped after him, his fingers already prodding at Aizen's sensitive sides. The young boy squealed as his body convulsed.

"No! Niichan!" He tried to crawl away, but his ankles were grabbed and he was dragged back towards the other blond. "Stop! I'm sorry!" Laughter echoed through the room as they rolled around on the bed.

"Are you sorry?!" Minato asked as Aizen gasped for breath, cheeks flushed from all the laughter.

"Yes! Yes! Spare me, please!" The older boy leaned back, a grin on his face as he watched his little brother.

"Remember this! Now, run along, you need to get ready! Breakfast is done!" He ushered the little boy out of the room and listened to the remnants of his laughter as his little form disappeared around the corner.

His happiness was something Minato needed to keep safe.

_

Aizen swung his legs as he sat on the kitchen chair. He had just finished his meal. "Niichan, I liked it". He sent a grin towards his brother and Minato's mirrored his own.

"I'm glad. Now, we need to go". He stood up and collected the dishes, putting them in the sink, before he turned to the younger boy. "I'll be dropping you off". Aizen stood up and glanced at Minato.

"You will? You have no missions now?" He asked and watched as Minato shook his head. "Oh? Will you be spending time with Kushina later on?" Aizen innocently asked and Minato blushed at his words.

"Uh.. I... No... Yes?" He stammered, awkwardly scratching the side of his neck. His little brother was perceptive... He didn't know if that was a good or bad thing...