Fireworks ~ Age 11

"You wanted to talk about something?" Kakashi had quickly looked away, not allowing Aizen to ponder on what emotion it was.

The blond also averted his eyes, suddenly feeling vulnerable, "Oh, uh... Rin told me you declined the invite to the festival." He said, peeking back at Kakashi.

"I did. What? Did you come here to change my mind?" Kakashi asked, putting the medical kit on the side. He turned back to Aizen, eyes as blank as they ever were.

Aizen swallowed, "I kinda hoped I could," he admitted, "Rin said that there would be fireworks towards the end... and I, uh..." He trailed off, not quite sure how to word himself.

"You wanted me to watch them with you?" Kakashi said the words so easily, Aizen was kind of jealous.

He nodded his head, still not meeting the boy's eyes, "We started off on a totally wrong foot and I don't feel like I've made it up to you yet..." He heard a chair creak and he glanced in Kakashi's direction. The boy reached his hand forward and... promptly flicked him on the forehead, "Ouch!" Aizen yelped and brought his hand up.

"You think too much." Was the only thing Kakashi said.

Feeling his eyes widen, Aizen looked up at him, "Then-!"

He was interrupted, "But I still won't be going... Festivals and crowds aren't my thing," Kakashi stepped back and took the medical kit into his hands, "Maybe another time."

"Oh," Aizen couldn't hide the disappointment in his voice, "It's fine, totally... I wouldn't like to drag you out of your comfort zone." Yet again, he looked away, feeling stupid. He sat still for a few moments, before he quietly stood up, "I must get going... Minato will start to worry."

Kakashi nodded, "I'll see you out."

_

Aizen tightened his coat, feeling himself shiver in the cold.

He felt incredibly stupid.

Why would Kakashi say yes to him and say no to Rin? What was he expecting? For the boy to suddenly prefer him over the company of his teammate? He is really stupid for thinking that.

_

"I'm home!" He called out, taking his coat off and hanging it on the side. As he reached for his scarf, he touched bare skin. Oh. Oh no. Did he forget it at Kakashi's place?

Great.

Absolutely fantastic.

Since he was still in a rather awful mood, he decided to ask for it some other day, "Minato! Where are you?!"

Instead of being greeted by his brother's voice, he was greeted by another's, "Aizen!" The familiar voice cried out and a body slammed into his own, knocking him into the ground.

Aizen's injured elbow clicked against the floorboards, causing him to groan out an incomprehensible insult, "Obito!" He forced out, pushing the other boy away, "Are you kidding me?! How many times have I told you?! How many more times do I have to repeat myself?!" His voice came out harsher than expected.

Obito flinched back as if slapped, "I'm... I'm sorry." His voice was the softest it had ever been and Aizen instantly felt bad.

Getting up to his feet, he sighed and offered his hand for Obito to take. Seeing that, Obito's lips quirked up and he took the offered hand, "I'm sorry for yelling at you, it was... not needed." He apologised.

Obito's grip on his hand tightened and the dark-haired boy shook his head, "I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm always knocking you to the ground and that can possibly injure you one day... Quite badly."