Academy Days ~ Age 8

"Minato~". Aizen whined as he pulled on the said man's sleeve.

The man looked... exasperated, to say the least. His little brother had been begging him to help him train all morning... The... Whole... Morning...

He shouldn't have told him he had a day off.

"Aizen... We trained yester-". He, of course, was interrupted by the impatient blond boy.

"No! I need to get better than Kakashi!" Was Aizen's argument. He needed to get better than Kakashi?

"You're already better than most of your class!" Minato threw his hands in the air, disbelief written all over his features. He watched as Aizen huffed and crossed his arms across his chest.

"I'm not better than Kakashi". His lips curled into a small pout. Damn it... That pout was Minato's weak point and the little boy knew it! Still! The man fought against his urge to give in.

He didn't last long.

"Fine...". He sighed out and not even a moment after the word was spoken, he found himself with an armful of Aizen.

"Yes!" The little boy exclaimed with a wide grin.

Seeing that smile on his face, Minato didn't regret his decision.

_

"So... What do you think your weak points are?" Minato asked as they stood in the middle of one of the training grounds. To turn his weaknesses into his strengths, Aizen first needed to be conscious of them. He needed to understand them.

He watched as the blond boy shifted on his feet, a thoughtful look on his face. "Uh... I'm slow?" Minato almost facepalmed on his guess. No, he wasn't slow, actually, he was about as fast as Minato was at his age.

"Wrong". Minato pointed a finger at him. "You need to work on your predictions". Aizen tilted his head and his brows furrowed.

"Predictions?" He questioned, confusedly staring at Minato.

"Yes, predictions. You need to think about the possible moves of your opponent... I think that's why Kakashi always beats you, he predicts your moves and acts against them". Minato lowered his hand and placed it on his hip. Seems like this really was Aizen's weakness... He looks as if he never even thought about that. "You've never thought about it, have you?" The answer he received was an expected one.

A nervous grin.

"Okay... I will attack you and you try and predict what I'm going to do, okay?" He asked and bent his legs. Not waiting for a reply, he dashed forward and towards an unsuspecting Aizen.

The said boy ducked under a punch, but didn't see the knee which was aimed at him. It slammed into his shoulder and he was forced onto his back, a weight settling over him. "You need to be alert at all times". He looked up and was met with eyes which mirrored his own. Minato stood up and pulled him to his feet. "Did I hurt you?" A hand threaded through his hair and he shook his head.

"No". Aizen answered, looking off to the side.

"Are you sure? It's been mere days after your hand had healed...". Aizen waved him off and Minato sighed. "Wanna try again?" He asked, receiving an immediate nod in reply. "Okay, let's begin!"

Once again, Aizen didn't get a heads up as a fist neared his face.

_

Hours later, Aizen was laying on the grass, still at the training grounds. Minato had been summoned to an urgent mission a few minutes ago and Aizen decided he was going to stay, rather than go back home.