Wishes ~ Age 10

AN: I'm back! I finally got around to update this! I've been busy with some school work and a competition, but it's passed... for now. I've found out today that I've passed the first round and I don't know when the second one is, but I will probably be even more busier than before.
I apologise in advance!

Morning came soon enough, and unexpectedly, Aizen had woken up before Kakashi. From what he could see, the sun was barely peeking through the half-closed blinds of the window, which indicated that it was probably around dawn.

What a weird time for him to wake up.

Usually, the earliest he ever woke up was a few minutes before Minato came to wake him up for the academy.

Weird.

Slowly sitting up, Aizen stretched his arms over his head and sighed out as an audible pop echoed through the dimly lit room. He heard Kakashi shift on the bed and immediately froze up, praying that that hadn't woken him up.

Was he a light sleeper? Was it possible for a person to wake up after hearing such a noise? What?

Luckily, the shifting stopped and Kakashi's breathing evened out once more.

Uncovering himself, Aizen got onto his knees and peeked up at the bed. The other boy was laying on his side, facing him. The top of his mask had slipped down, revealing his nose.

It wasn't like Aizen hadn't seen what Kakashi looked like. It had caught him off guard when he nonchalantly slid his mask down last night during dinner. Minato didn't look surprised, so maybe he had already seen him without it. It seemed unlikely since Aizen and Kakashi weren't on best terms, but it somehow happened.

Not that Aizen was complaining about that.

Placing his elbows onto the bed covers, Aizen leaned onto his palms and slightly tilted his head. As expected, Kakashi had a light tan line from wearing the mask all of the time. It was almost unnoticeable under the dim light, but it was there.

"You're staring." The words caught him off guard and Aizen flung himself backwards, slamming his backside onto his makeshift bed. He let out a light hiss as his teeth grit together, "Seriously... You're so clumsy." Kakashi sat up and reached a hand towards his mask, pulling it back over his nose.

"Sorry... I didn't want to wake you up." Aizen apologised, averting his eyes, feeling embarrassed at being caught.

"Well, you did." Kakashi's words brought a wince out of him.

"Sorry." He apologised once more, still not looking at Kakashi.

There was a brief moment of silence, before Kakashi huffed, "You apologise too much."

Peering up at him, Aizen was met with blank, dark eyes. They just stared at one another, neither of them saying a word to break the silence between them.

Until the door opened.

"Are you two awake?" Minato whispered, peeking behind the door, "Oh," he blinked upon spotting the two of them, "I see you are... I've made a rather early breakfast, Kakashi, we have a mission soon." With that, Minato disappeared and the door clicked shut.

There was a long pause, "Breakfast?" Aizen asked, glancing at Kakashi.

The other boy could only sigh in reply.

_

Luckily, Minato being the mom he is, Kakashi's yesterday's clothes were washed and already dried. The boy got dressed in the bathroom and was forced to quickly eat breakfast because they were running out of time.