Sleepover ~ Age 10

Somehow, even though he had apologised to Minato, the dread he felt didn't go away. Unintentionally, he managed to make it worse.

Minato, along with his team, had started going onto missions more frequently and Aizen couldn't help but wonder if they already knew about the impending doom.

The war.

They must know... There's no reason for Minato to not know something like that. Yet... The man didn't say anything about it.

Did he not want to bother Aizen? Is that why he didn't ask him about his mission and his sudden apologises?

Aizen didn't know.

_

Asao hadn't contacted Aizen for weeks... Weeks. So, with nothing else to do, Aizen stayed inside, doing nothing in particular. Minato had been away on a mission for a few days and he was supposed to come back soon.

As if on cue, Aizen heard the front door click open and close shut a moment later, "Aizen!" Minato's voice resounded through the house and the said boy stood up, walking out of his room and into the hallway.

"Welcome ba-" he trailed off upon spotting a mop of silver hair, "-ck." He finished, blinking in confusion as he looked between the two people in the room.

"I'm back!" Minato grinned, as if the presence of the other boy didn't bother him, "Kakashi said he wished to speak with you, so I told him to come along," the blond man cheerily said, hanging his bag on a nearby chair as he walked towards Aizen, "I'm going to change, I'll be right back." He ruffled Aizen's hair as he walked past him.

The said boy stood still as he warily peered at Kakashi. They hadn't talked since Aizen apologised, so seeing him in the house wasn't something Aizen expected, "Hi." He awkwardly greeted him, averting his eyes.

"Hi." Kakashi blankly replied, not looking away.

"So... What did you want to talk about?" The whole situation was uncomfortable and Aizen internally cringed at the sound of his own voice.

Kakashi was quiet for a brief moment, before he spoke up, "Minato said he'll make dinner... We'll talk after that." He explained. So Minato had invited him over to dinner?

"Oh, okay." Aizen dumbly replied, still not looking at the other boy.

It didn't take long for Minato to come back, lucky Aizen, "Aizen, help me with dinner," the man said, before he glanced at Kakashi, "You can make yourself comfortable in the living room, dinner won't take long to make."

With that, Aizen followed Minato to the kitchen, not looking back at Kakashi.

_

"Let's eat!" Minato said as he took a seat, "Kakashi, do you like fried rice?" He asked the quiet boy.

"Anything is fine with me, I'm not a picky eater." Kakashi replied, before he took a bite, not really showing any reaction to the food.

"I see..." And with that, the conversation died out as they ate in silence. Even Minato had noticed the tension in the air. He slowly glanced between Aizen and Kakashi, gears turning in his head.

He came up with nothing.

_

"Thank you for the meal." Kakashi bowed his head as he stood at the door, prepared to leave.

Minato reached his hand forward and placed it on the boy's shoulder, "Kakashi, it's already late and your apartment is on the other side of the village, how about you spend the night here?" He sent him a small smile as he asked the question.