He went by unnoticed

༻✧༺

Oblivion; (n). The state of being unaware of what is happening around you.

༻✧༺

She was beautiful.

He knew who she was even before he saw her sitting at the table with his friend. He knew this was the girl who covered his eyes that day when things got rough for him.

He knew.

But she didn't.

Her brown hair was curled and the strands in the front were clipped back, away from her face. He felt his heart thump against his sternum, and wondered if it was wise to walk up to them and start a conversation.

He's been in love with her for two years and she had no idea.

He was Crius for gods sake, girls dreamed about being with him. Yet his heart was set upon one girl and that girl would forever own that fragile part of him, even if she had no idea.

When she turned to look at him, everything around him blurred and all he could see was her. She was light, she emitted it in the darkness of the world—or in this case, his life. Her eyes were bright and curious. He bit back a smile when he noticed a frown that had formed on her face. Her mind scrambled to figure out who he was. She knew he was someone, just couldn't pinpoint who.

It hurt sometimes, he was head over heels in love with a girl who was clueless about him.

He had her number from a while ago. Charosé gave it to him when he told her he had a crush on Alida. She simply waved him off, and told him that she was too easy. He had simply told Charosé that she had herself fooled.

A girl like Alida wasn't easy.

She was magnificent, beautiful, extraordinarily witty. He admired everything about her. From the way she squinted her nose when she was thinking, to the way she rubbed the back of her neck when she was nervous.

He knew so much about her, or whatever was visible to him. He couldn't stop staring at her, how could he have missed her before? She was bright and so... lovable. She was kind, honest, and so, so beautiful. She was the death of him but also the very beginning of his life. What was the point of loving her when she didn't know? He wasn't afraid of rejection, no that wasn't it. He was scared, if she ever found out his feelings for her then what if it ends? She was a garden to him, but flowers wilt and they die, and he was scared that this garden would burn down.

There was a time where he thought otherwise. He was young then, around 21. After everything he had been through, he found her in the very pit of the darkness—more like, she found him. There was time where he would wait to ask her out, walking into Charosé's building, holding meetings to talk about work. But she was never there, she was a blur in his life, one he couldn't clear up.

She was always running around and getting people coffee, or scribbling in her sketchbook.

That's when he loved her the most. Her passion exuded from her like the scent of spring after a long, snowy winter. It was refreshing—breathtaking.

When she told him there'd be a day where he could walk in one of her designs, he would've nodded and followed her everywhere like a puppy. He had seen her designs in Charosé's office, who was always looking at them, complimenting everything about them. Everything was always perfect to her and she didn't understand where Alida's ideas came from, or how they formed.

It was ironic, really. Charosé had a soft spot for Alida's talents but she never batted an eye towards the girl herself. There would be opinions asked, Alida would answer, but Charosé would ignore it, waved it off like it was nothing.