Six

C

I pretended to listen to the stars when you were the only thing on my mind.

༻✧༺

"Your Mom sent me pictures of you when you were a kid."

Crius held onto the small frame the man carried around. He was tiny, barely alive and breathing. "I was pretty small then."

"Yeah and now you're a grown man."

Barely, Crius thought. He was sixteen, face filled with acne, moody, lanky, and weird. He wasn't the epitome of handsome nor was he an example of ugly. He simply just was.

"I'm not a grown man. Not yet, at least." His voice was rough. He had people tell him that he looked like his father but he was never able to ask people how could he when his father and him weren't related by blood?

"You're grown when you finally make your own decisions. Look at you," his golden hair shimmered under the light. He plastered a warm smile on his face, it must work with all the ladies. "You're here, you decided to join the modelling industry. If that wasn't your decision then who made it for you?"

He was right. This was his own choice. It took some convincing for his Dad but his Mom was ecstatic about it. After all, her best friend was here to guide him.

"I suppose I'm scared of what I'll be like when I actually grow up." He tugged on the strands of his short black hair. "I might be no one."

"Or you can be someone." The man moves closer towards Crius. He was never used to people coming into his personal space. It was odd for him to allow it, to feel belonged to that sort of affection. "I'm going to teach you so many things, Crius."

Crius shifted away from the man, smiling as openly as he could. He couldn't deny how weird he felt, but the help was needed. He needed to feel wanted and he needed to learn. Who better to learn from than this kind man?

*

"Crius?"

My eyes abruptly opened. The sweat dripped down my neck away from her eyes. It took me a second to figure out why she was here and then I remembered.

She struggled to sit up on the bed. Her eyes were red and her hair was a mess. I tried to untangle some of the strands while she was sleeping but she would move.

Along with the whimpers and the tears I had to wipe away.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't get up too fast." I rushed over to her. The blanket that was spread out on my lap was now on the ground. I placed my hand gently on her back and helped her sit up.

"What happened?" She turned to look at me. She had questions, so many of them. I could see them fly over the room and my face. I tried not to smile and make the situation even more awkward and uncomfortable than it already was for her.

"I was hoping you'd tell me," I replied. My butt almost touched the hardwood floor as I crouched next to the bed.

"I went to see my Mom and... that's all I can remember right now." She rubbed her temples. Her head was probably hurting like a bitch right now. I got her some Advil as I waited for her to get up, but she needs to eat something before I give it to her. Otherwise she'll eat me, burn me, or hurt me. Whichever one she chooses, it'll be long and brutal.

"Hm, don't force yourself. I'm sure you'll remember soon. The doctors told me you hit your head pretty hard but you're okay." It was a lie. They told me she was taking a lot of stress and she had multiple bruises on her head. I tried to not question it but I was curious, and more than that I was worried for her. "I've been icing it so it shouldn't be in too much pain."