Sixteen

A &  C

༻✧༺
you, you, you. your lips on mine is heaven and yet, i die.
༻✧༺

A

There are some days where you wake up and wonder what your day is gonna be like. You have these feelings, the kinds that dig beneath your skin and let you know that hey, you're gonna have a shitty day today.

I did not have that feeling today and I really wish I did.

"What the hell?" I ran over to the limp body. He looked tired, but that's not what the problem was right now. His shirt was soaked with red, blood red. It looks like he was in an accident or a fight.

"What happened to you?" I grab his arm, steadying him as he tries to stand up straight. Tries to being the key terms here. He loses his balance, putting his whole weight against me. "I have to get you to a hospital." I take his arm to put around my shoulders. He drags his feet while I walk, "Crius, I need you to take small steps with me."

"We can't go to the hospital."

I freeze, "You're bleeding yourself to death and you don't want to go to a hospital. I'm sorry but you don't get a say in anything right now."

"Please, Alida." He takes a heavy breath, the pain getting to his brain. "Take me anywhere but there."

The wet lashes, the reddened back, the rain that began dripping from the sky. I didn't have the energy to listen to him. There were so many questions in my head but I can keep them in for now. Just until I fix him up the best I can.

With my free hand, I unbutton my blazer, it won't be big on him but it'll cover the blood on his back. "Can you stand straight? Just for a second." He huffs out air as he stands straight, one of his hands clenching my arm.

I throw the blazer over his shoulders. If we weren't in a serious situation, I would've made a joke about how the pearls on the coat suited him. "Come on," I placed his arms around me again. "Let's get you home."

Due to the rain, there were no people to watch our very clumsy walk. Unfortunately, I wasn't built with much muscle so I couldn't pick him up. It would've been so much easier if I could do that.

My apartment complex was in a secluded area of the city. Near fancy restaurants and expensive places. If it were up to me, I would've lived somewhere outside of the city but my mother wouldn't have allowed that. Plus, I was too young to be living by myself at the time.

I hate her, but the woman pays my bills. It's the most I can do.

"Alida," The front door security man, Jerry, gave me a hesitant smile. "Do you need some help?" I shook my head, "My friend got drunk. Letting him sleep with me tonight." My eyes widened at my words, so did Jerry's. "Just sleep, nothing else." He smiled. I should've stopped there and then. "It's the middle of the day but sleeping sounds good, right?" Jerry didn't bother answering. He tipped his hat and acted like he didn't witness a twenty five year old embarrass the crap out of herself.

Crius chuckled, "You have a way with words." The sarcasm laced around his voice was enough to push him outside and have him deal with his own wounds. "Shut up," I retorted. He chuckled more. Not my best response but what else am I supposed to say?

As quick as I could, I got us inside the penthouse elevator. I pressed the code, waiting for the elevator to start moving. He stumbled over his feet, brows pinched together in pain. "We're almost there," I whispered. "It's gonna be okay."

I wasn't sure whether I was trying to convince him or myself.

Probably both.

I gently placed him on the cloud couch in my living space. Even if he got blood on it, I don't think I'd care. I don't even know if the first aid kit would be enough to treat whatever it is that's making him bleed this much.

"You don't have to do anything, just get me a hot towel, I'll take care of this myself."

Deep breaths, Alida.

"You're gonna take care of this yourself?" I yelled out as nicely as I could from behind the large pantry door. I had a couple of things other than the first aid that could be useful. Bandages. I don't remember buying them but I'm glad I did.

"I don't need any of that." He shifted his body down, his elbows resting on his knees. His biceps rippled at the posture. "I think you do."

I gently stepped on the couch, walking to sit behind him. He tensed, "I'm serious. I don't need your help." His words hurt but I didn't care. "It didn't seem that way outside."

"I had a moment of vulnerability," my fingers itched at the hem of his shirt but leaned away from me. He's being so difficult. "I can deal with this."

"Crius," I stared at the back of his neck. His vein was popping out, the pulse visible. "Let me take care of you the way you took care of me, please."

When he didn't say anything, I gently lifted his shirt and bit my lip and the horrific view in front of me.