Twenty Eight

C

༻✧༺
your kiss is deadly. a poison i would gladly drink over and over again.
༻✧༺

She stood there in shock. I was shocked too because neither of us knew what this was or what this could mean. Secrets were toxic but they were also fun and mysterious. Our lives are one big secret that makes absolutely no sense but we follow through with it because it's the what happens next part that makes us continue.

So, what happens next?

The secret door led to a basement, a very large one too. There was fabric everywhere. Clothing kind of fabric, the kind designers make clothes out of. They were all inside glass cabinets, I'm assuming this was done so the fabric doesn't get dirty. It looked like a whole other dimension. The lights throughout the house were orange and dim, but here... here it was bright and white. There was a long conference table in front of the multiple glass cabinets.

Papers and pens were scattered all over it. There were some dead flowers and letters. There were letters piled up. Whether Alida's dad wanted to send them out or it was sent to him, we still had to find out.

"This doesn't make sense," she said quietly.

Her voice was timid and she wasn't saying much. This must have taken a toll on her, I know it would take a toll on me if I ever saw this.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded her head, then shook it. "How did I not know about this?" She walked over to one of the cabinets, eyeing the colourful fabrics. "Look at this, it's my mothers." She opened it, her hands skimmed the material delicately. She couldn't take her eyes away from the textile and I couldn't take my eyes away from her.

The brown hue was shining under the bright light. Her mother is a manipulative, abusive bitch but this proves that one time, long ago, her mother was here in this house. She had hopes of a family along with the idealistic hope of a career. There had to be more information, something to fit the puzzle pieces together.

"Do you think she wanted to stay?"

Alida was in front of me, a frame in her hand. "What is that?" I asked.

She handed it to me.

It was a picture of her, her dad, and her mom.

She had to be newly born by the way she was wrapped. Thea didn't look like Thea. Her hair was long and brown, not the blonde she has now. She was smiling down at Alida, possibly crying by the way her husband was looking at her. It was a soft moment, a pure connection between a mother and a daughter. A family. That's what they were. That what they would have been if it weren't for...

I still don't know.

"There's a lot to uncover, see here..." I picked up an opened envelope, taking the letter out. It was from my dad.

Louis.

My fingers traced over his name, maybe I had magic and could bring him back to life.

"What does it say?"

I don't have a lot of time to talk, hyung. I found out some horrible stuff, and I'm losing it. I don't know what to do or what to say. I have very little evidence, and I don't know what to do. Before you give me a lecture on how I should follow my fatherly instincts, let me tell you this, Crius's mother won't let me do anything. She says that her best friend is the light of her life and I should trust him.
But I don't.
How can I trust such a man?
He's been hurting my son. My son.
I don't know whether this letter will reach you on time, but I'm planning on leaving tonight with Crisu. We'll come to you, I don't know where else to go. It'll take a while since I have to drive there, three days max. I'm angry, hyung. I'm sad.
Please be there for me.
I have no one else but you.
I have money and I will settle down in Aspen. 
It'll be like how we wanted when we became friends.
We'll get you treated, you'll have a home with me, Crius and Alida. Together. I'll be there soon. I promise. Take care of yourself, hyung.
See you soon.