Twelve

C

༻✧༺
i want to take a step closer towards you and feel your heartbeat next to mine.
༻✧༺

New York had no business being this busy on a Sunday, but then, when was it not busy? The streets were packed with people from all over the world.

"Crius!" I turned around just in time to stop Mara from bumping into me with her steaming hot tea. "I need to ask you for a favour."I glanced at the time on my watch. "I have a photoshoot to get to." She smirked, which wasn't comforting at all. "What's that face? What did you do?"   

She puckered her lips, "I may or may not have cancelled that photoshoot." I opened my mouth to tell her off, to be mad at her for messing with my work. But she stopped me before I could say anything. "But, but... I have another photoshoot planned."

"Planned?" The confusion was travelling from my heart to my head. "I don't understand."

"I called Alida, this is what I'm doing with her, or for her? Whatever, but I need both of us to be a part of this." She smiled widely, she was moving side to side, which was never a good sign with her. "You want me to be a part of something that you're doing for her? That sounds suspicious."

"It kinda does huh, oh well. We're late, let's go."

"I didn't even agree to it!"

"I don't care, you're coming with me. It's not like you have anything else to do." Yeah, because of you.

"Fine." 

Mara takes me to our usual set. Inarah must have been there way before us, setting up. She's always there before us.

The sun was shining down on me, it was hot today. It was winter just yesterday and all of sudden the sun decides it's summer.

"What kind of photoshoot is it?" I asked. Mara opened the door for me, her huge sunglasses covering more than half of her face.

"I don't know, but it's supposed to be sexy." She takes her glasses off once the inside of the building covers us from the heat. The cool air from the air conditioning soothes the chill in my body. Chill from what? I have no idea. I'm gonna be in a photoshoot with Alida.

And it's supposed to be sexy.

"You know I can see you smiling?" I direct my question to Mara. There's a huge smile plastered on her face.

"That's the whole point of smiling." She nudges me with her hand.

"She's gonna hate it, she's not into this stuff." If anything, she's gonna take one look at me and disappear. We decided on being friends... or that was before I decided I was gonna make a move on her and forget being friends. It sounds idiotic, like I'm backing out from something I once thought of before. Being friends should be enough, but it isn't. It'll never be enough.

"Shut up, we have to get her out of her box and try new things. Plus I ran the idea with her last night and when I mentioned that you would be there, she instantly agreed on it. Now, that's suspicious." She chose to do this by knowing I was a part of this? I don't know how to feel about this. But my body does. I swallow the flutters in my throat, forcing them back down to my stomach.

"Did she really or are you feeding my heart more lies?"

"Who do I look like spending my time trying to please your heart? I'll show you the texts if you don't believe me."

"You're so annoying."

"Awh, I love you too, brother."

We made it to our usual set, and I stood corrected. Inarah was sitting on one of the broken chairs, sipping on a drink. If I didn't know her, I think she'd be drinking blood. She looks up and offers a nod, her platinum hair camouflaged with her face perfectly. I refuse to believe she isn't a vampire.