Twenty Five

A

༻✧༺
we could have it all, if we stay together.
༻✧༺

Crius has been awfully quiet since he came inside. He hasn't said anything other than, "hey" or "you ready to leave?" He's there, on the couch, scrolling through his phone and acting cool, and by cool I mean weird.

Two days ago, we were talking inside of his secret garden.

Today, he was barely speaking.

Which means something happened yesterday.

Zipping up my bag, I went to the kitchen to pour myself coffee. Coffee reminds me of Sorin. Sure, I was pissed but I did like him at one point and I can think about him.

By thinking, I'm imagining eviscerating a very important piece of a man's anatomy.

I lean against the counter, watching Crius scroll through useless posts on Instagram. He wasn't even liking any of them, just scrolling...very fast.

Ding dong.

"Crius, can you get the door for me?"

He didn't budge.

Rude, but I'll let it slide.

I devoured my coffee, setting the cup down.

He didn't even notice the side-eye I gave him, something is really wrong here.

Opening the door, two loud and obnoxious voices interrupt every thought in my brain. They crushed themselves into me. "You're leaving, why are you leaving? Better yet, why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" Hemera's voice muffled into my shoulder. Mara snorted, "Are you guys finally going to get it on, then?"

Uh, um.

Okay.

She's talking about like work and stuff.

Not sex.

But if she was...

Then I could imagine it.

I mean, I don't.

But I could.

It would be good, great actually.

And maybe something more could-

"You're disgusting," I pushed her roughly off me. She was laughing. Laughing. It wasn't funny. Not funny at all. "I was kidding, it's only been two days since you reconciled, I'm not gonna push you into anything."

"You know how much I hate you for locking me in a room with him, right?" I glared at her and she stuck her tongue out at me. "Oh, calm down. You and I both know you loved it."

I didn't reply because she was right.

I did love being locked in a room with him.

Even if all we did was talk.

That talking brought us today, which will then take us tomorrow.

In a couple of hours, Crius and I will be in Aspen.

Together.

Alone, in a house with no one.

Just us.

Oh god, I'm imagining it now.

"Maybe we should come with you," Hemera said. I closed the door as soon as Hemera stopped hugging me.

"One day, someday. But for now, Crius and I have something to do." I looked back at Crius who didn't seem to take interest in our conversation.

"You make that sound so wrong," Hemera added. "But I guess you're allowed to say the wrong thing, since you guys kissed and all that."