Seven

A

༻✧༺
And when the sun comes up to greet us, will we shine just as bright as it?
༻✧༺

I am so not okay with this.

"Shawarma pizza?" I stared at the slice in my hand. The sauce dripped through my fingers. "You actually like this?" I looked at him. He was devouring the pizza like it was his last time eating it.

"I lost my appetite," I dropped the pizza back on the plate. It didn't look appetizing it all.

He shouldn't have surprised me.

I shouldn't have let him.

"It's really good. I promise." He devoured his second piece in five seconds. So not even pretty guys are perfect.

"You have something on your," I pointed at the place below his mouth. Hot sauce was smeared on his skin. He wiped the opposite side. "No, not there." He rubbed the same spot again.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a tissue. "You eat like a kid." I grimaced.

I dab the tissue on the stain. I looked into his eyes which met mine and the heat behind them was unmistakable. I cleared my throat, throwing the tissue at him. "Do it yourself."

He let out a chuckle, roughly wiping it off. "You'll know why I eat like a kid when you try it." His grey eyes pierced into mine when I looked at him. He was not gonna give up on trying to get me to eat.

"If something happens to me..."

"Nothing will happen to you."

I decided to trust him. The worst that could happen to me is, well, a long time in the bathroom.

I picked up the slice and met his eyes. He was looking at me with his bottom lip in between his teeth and eyebrows raised. I hesitantly took a bite.

My eyes widened at the flavours exploding in my mouth. "Holy shit." I took another bite, and another. I haven't eaten properly in days and this tastes amazing, hell, it tastes more than amazing. The spice tingles on my lips, the burst of taste is exhilarating and delicious.

"I told you it was good."

"This is amazing."

I continued devouring the pizza, one after the other.  When I go to reach another, it's done. "What the?" I looked down in shock. "I didn't finish it, right?"

He sucked in his lips, preventing himself from laughing. "This isn't funny! Did I eat all of it?" But even though I said it wasn't funny, I was laughing with him. I found this funnier than he did.

"I might eat like a kid but you definitely eat like a pig."

"Hey! That's so rude." I smiled, embarrassed.

He shrugged, "Nothing wrong with it. I like a girl that can eat."

I ignored the warmth pooling in my stomach. "So... got anymore surprises up your sleeve?" He laughed, "The only surprise I have now is sleep."

I took in the dark circles under his eye, the line of stress forming on his forehead. The warmth in my stomach was now replaced by a cold burn. "I'm sorry." His eyes widened by a fraction, "Why?"

"I... I caused you so much trouble and now I'm staying over. I'm sorry." I don't look at him. I can't. I kept saying rude things about him but he's here taking care of me while I'm being a brat. He's seen the bruises, the scars, and didn't question any of it. He took care of me. "And thank you."