Eleven

A

༻✧༺
And when we're no longer friends, then what?
༻✧༺

"No, no, nope." Hemera has her hands on her hips, her feet tapping aggressively on the porcelain-tiled floor.

"Come on! We drove all the way here, might as well do it!" She has a habit of doing things I don't like doing at all.

"I'm not getting a haircut. You know how much I love my hair."

"It's time for changes. It's time to begin anew and figure out who you are," she says.

Figure out who I am? I already know who I am.

"Hemera..." My pleading eyes don't work with her, and I know this because she grabs my hand and leads me to one of the men there.

"Murat," they kiss each other's cheeks in a form of greeting. "Merhaba, welcome!"

He was a tall, skinny man. His lips were painted blue and a green tint over her lids. Peculiar taste but super cool so I'm not judging.

"You must be Alida," he extends his hand for me to take, which I do. "Hi."

"Hi... Uh, what's going on?" I ask, looking back and forth between him and Hemera.

Murat and her share a look with each other that has me weak in my knees.

And not the good kind.

***

"No way this is me," I look at Murat who's smirking. "That isn't me."

My hair was cut to my shoulders, bangs covered my forehead, and it was ten times darker than what it was before. My Asian heritage was popping through the shimmer under my eyes.

"You look stunning," Hemera hands me a chocolate macaroon, which I take half-heartedly because I can't seem to get full off of anything but my new style in this moment.

"She was always stunning, I just made it show." Murat held onto my shoulders, squeezing it gently. "You want to do anything?" He asked Hemera who shook her head.

"I'm good, thanks."

I glared, "So you make me change my appearance but don't do it yourself? Rude."

"I didn't change the way you look, you're still you, just... more you."

"That makes a lot of sense," I said. My eyes wouldn't wander away from my face and my hair. It was so new, so different. "You've told me so many times to cut my hair."

"Oh so you listen? I thought you mute me off when I talk."

"Hey, I do. I didn't think I was ready for a haircut."

"Why?" She asked me. I took a bite of the macaroon.

Because of my Dad. He loved my long hair.

"Just cause." 

Hemera sighed, putting her half eaten macaroon on a plate. "We should get going."

"This is it? This is all we're doing today?"

"No, are you crazy? I have something else planned, and I think you'll like it a lot."

With one last look in the mirror, I stand up. "Thanks Murat," he leaned against the wall and smiled. "No problem, beautiful."

Hemera grabs my hand and starts walking out the building.

"Hey! We didn't even pay!"

"I already paid beforehand, don't worry."