They were finally noticed

Alida sat behind the desk, typing away. After Sarnai, she realized she didn't have much to do, or much to want. She felt at peace. Sure, there were things in her life that were unsolved and not done but she felt serene.

Sorin was a shitty friend. He was, and he apologized for it. He didn't think it was a big deal. He told Alida how money was a huge problem for him and his family and he would sell his body for it too.

She didn't judge him, she didn't ask questions, she only forgave him and sent him away. People do crazy things in life, she wasn't anyone to hate Sorin for it. After Jeremy, Thea, Charose, and Dorian were sent to prison, she was given the church.

Charose put her in charge of her fashion design company.

She couldn't believe how she was now the CEO.

She was now the woman in charge.

A year has passed since then, it didn't really make a huge difference but it still shocked her.

Her phone buzzed, and she picked it up.

"You'll be on time right?" His dark, husky voice did things to Alida. He loved her and she loved him. Their love was powerful and it was dark and bright at the same time.

Today was their one year anniversary.

One year since that night on the roof.

"Yes, I'll be on time." She checked the time, she only had thirty minutes to get ready. Everyone in the building was already gone.

"See you soon, love you."

"Love you, too." She hung up the phone and began packing her things.

Everything was perfect.

Hemera and Mara were getting married in two months.

Crius and her were going strong.

She thought about his grey eyes, his honest words, his beautiful smiles.

She loved him more than she loved herself and she was okay with it.

Loving him was a way of loving herself.

Her puzzling life finally pieced itself together.

As she locked her office, she walked into her old one. The storage room.

All her outfits from Sarnai were placed on mannequins.

She eyed the dark blue gown, the one she wore at the end.

Her hand reached out to touch it, some things were meant for everything.

Crius made sure everything was perfect for Alida.

He wanted this night to be remembered, even though every night they've had together has been remembered. Especially the night they slept together.

Crius was afraid of being touched, but Alida helped him overcome that fear and ever since that night. He was feind. He couldn't get enough of her, he never would get enough of her.

One taste had him addicted.

Her smiles, her lips, her words.

He loved her so much it hurt to think about loving her any less.

The front door unlocked and she walked in, slowly.

His heartbeat accelerated.

She was wearing the dress from Sarnai.

Hemera and Mara were right from that night, this dress was made for her.

Her hair was longer now, almost to her lower back.

She was a dream and Crius couldn't stop wishing for more.

She smiled her soft, sultry smile.

He gave her his rough, seductive laugh.

"Do I look okay?" Alida asked Crius as he kissed her forehead. "Don't insult yourself, you look exquisite, like a dream."

"Aw, you dream about me?" She laughed and he groaned at the sound.

"Every night. I dream about you and everything you do to me."

"And what is it that I do to you in these dreams?" She asked, her hand travelling up Crius's chest.

"Every dirty little thing," he replied while kissing her cheek.

"Are you sure it's little?"

He choked, "Care to find out?"

She pushed him away, blushing. "Yes."

He smiled, he would show her. Later, though.

"I have a surprise for you, close your eyes."

She closed them and he led her to the middle of the room where there was a circular table and a candle lit.

Two plates were covered.

She opened her eyes after Crius told her too.

Smiling, she took a seat after he pulled her chair back for her.

When she took the cover off, he watched her face glow in happiness.

"Burgers," she smiled and took a bite.

It wasn't neat or perfect, but he loved it nonetheless.

He loved her, nevertheless.

When they finished they sat in silence.

"There once was a boy who met a girl," he began and she listened. "This girl was everything he wanted in his life. A short distance to happiness, the sun after a gloomy night, and a star in the dark sky." He continued, standing up. "Ever since he met her, he couldn't imagine any other star shining brighter for him."

He kneeled down in front of her, taking the simple princess-cut ring out.

Alida watched him, shocked.

Tears glimmered in her eyes.

He was nervous before, and now he wasn't.

"Alida," he began.

"Yes." She stared at him, not at the ring.

"Would you like to watch the stars with me?"

A tear fell from her eyes and he kissed it away.

She smiled as he put the ring on her left hand.

"Always," sealing her promise with a kiss.

the end.