2

───

───

     THERE WAS PRACTICALLY NO FOOD, and it was beyond devastating.

     "w-would you like some bread?", rumi offered, handing a half-eaten, almost on the verge of molding, bread to the girl.

'nani?!'

"is this...it?", himari asked, pointing at the bread, as she realized that there was basically no one else around this empty household.

"unfortunately yes...I believe master hotaru should be sending over some food right now. but I'm not sure when it'll arrive, so please have some bread to help yourself, lady himari!"

"then what about you, rumi? what are you supposed to eat?"

"I'll be fine, lady himari! really!!", the maid smiled, offering the bread once more, as himari squinted her eyes.

"can you...just give me a second? I'm going to walk outside for just a quick second", himari informed, as she already sprinted out the door, slamming the shoji behind her.

     the auburn-haired woman skimmed her surroundings, snapping her head back and forth as she looked for any vegetation, or any living thing.

     "well...there's some trees...which means the soil's okay. I need seeds, but there doesn't even look like there's a market nearby!"

     himari then squatted down in her white kimono, pondering what she should do next.

"AHHH!! WHY THE HELL WAS I EVEN ENGAGED TO A MISOGYNIST IN THE FIRST PLACE?! WHAT DID I EVEN SEE IN HIM?!"

it was as if himari's intense dread had suddenly summoned a demon, because she damn well felt a presence looming over her, making her freeze in her spot.

     "why the fuck did you summon me?"

     himari had to deeply breathe in and out, as she could recognize that insulting, yet undeniably attractive voice anywhere.

     "I...didn't?", the woman squeaked out, leisurely turning around as indeed, the king of curses was standing right behind her, wearing a pissed off expression with his four arms crossed.

     "are you fucking with me right now?! you clearly did, which is why I'm here! now tell me what you want, so I can devour your soul!"

     himari made a face of confusion.

     "devour my what now??"