51

───

───

     TŌJI ENDED UP SLEEPING EARLY, as his pride could not handle being beat so many times in a simple game of cards.

     so meanwhile the dark-haired male was asleep, and the rest were still out spying on rumi and hohaku, himari had invited sukuna out into the courtyard that was provided by the luxurious inn.

     "I can't believe tōji lost all forty-seven games!!", himari laughed, leisurely walking around, as sukuna just cracked a smirk.

"you'd think that a human would be better at this considering how long he's played", sukuna mocked, to which himari had just responded with a chuckle — followed by a soft sigh.

"something the matter?"

"say, do you think I'll find the last stone? and if I do, do you really think that we'll be successful in taking down the shogunate?", himari asked, taking a seat on a wooden swing that was built for those that wished to enjoy the scenery of the courtyard.

     sukuna stared down at the sagging woman, to which he had kneeled before her, so that the moon's luminosity could direct himari's gaze towards his serious expression.

     the man's hands gripped onto both sides of the swing, as he then displayed a lopsided grin.

"you have the demon king doing your bidding, and you're worried that you won't succeed?", the pink-haired man scoffed.

     himari let out a petite chuckle.

     "mah~ you're only doing this for my soul, so who knows?"

     sukuna's frown was evident, as himari hastily pinched the man's cheeks, causing him to slap her hands away.

     "heyyy!! that hurt!", himari pouted, huffing, as she childishly crossed her arms.

     "well deserved", sukuna grinned, causing himari to let out an offended gasp.

     the demon king then sighed, as he noticed that the woman refused to even turn or look towards him.

     "oi!"

sukuna's brows furrowed as himari made no attempt to answer him.

"hey, you're not still pouting are you?"

himari suddenly snapped her head towards sukuna, causing the man to knit his brows in confusion even more.