60

───

───

ITADORI AND RUMI CARRIED THE ALBINO peacock meanwhile himari had her arms crossed, nearly about to board her carriage before a familiar condescending voice had stopped her.

     "I must say, the gift from lord yoshiaki truly suits you, lady himari".

     the woman paused in her footsteps as she spun around on the heels of her feet.

     "oh my gege, not this asshole again...", the woman bitterly muttered.

     it was already tiring enough to sit through the entire dinner party with the men just being more unbearable than ever — especially since they knew that it was himari's twenty-first birthday.

though what was even worse was that she had found out that oda nobunaga was recently sent on a mission overseas by the shogunate.

and for what, she did not know. but she had only hoped that it was just a coincidence, as the last thing she wanted was to get executed because she was plotting the man's death with oda.

naoya then sighed, stepping forward, as he signaled for rumi and itadori to leave.

     "we only take orders from lady himar—"

     "it's fine yūji. why don't you and rumi head to the carriage first? I'll be right behind you two", himari assured, to which the two teenagers had begrudgingly left, leaving the auburn-haired woman with the misogynist.

"well? what do you want now?", himari rudely asked, yawning, as she could care less about this entire conversation.

     "what changed?"

     "huh? what do you mean? can you just get to the point? I'm supposed to tend to my new pet once I get home", himari sighed, causing naoya to click his tongue in distaste at the woman's impatience.

"you don't fawn over me anymore.

you don't look my way for approval when you finish performing. you don't smile at me whenever I pass by. you don't try to send me letters nor gifts when I ignore you.

you don't try to threaten miwa anymore, even though she's gone now...nor do you try to claw for my attention by faking to be hurt or by throwing a tantrum.

so I'm asking you, what changed?"

     himari's brows furrowed together, as even though she didn't personally know the original owner of this body, she herself felt the rage for her.