47

───

───

"HIMARI, PLEASE STOP GETTING YOURSELF hurt. you're only weakening your body and your mentality's taking a toll too", getō worried, bandaging the woman's wrists.

     himari simply didn't reply, as her downcast expression had said enough.

     before getō could say any more, gojō had tapped his shoulder.

     "let her be", he stated.

     "satoru, she's been getting hurt over and over again these past few days without making any progress. how can I just let her be?!", getō questioned.

     tōji and sukuna — who had left to go get the two teens because himari claimed that she was in desperate need of more medicine — were currently almost at the village a little west of lake biwa.

"she'll figure it ou—"

"are you even concerned about her?", getō interrupted, causing gojō to raise a brow.

"huh? what do you mean? of course I car—"

"do you?! because this entire time, you've been provoking her and—"

"are you seriously lecturing me on this right now?! when did you become so protective of her, huh?", gojō scoffed.

"I'm just saying that you could be a little nicer about how you're showing your concern! allowing her to continuously get hurt isn't ideal!"

"SHE DOESN'T EVEN WANT OUR HELP!"

"BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE JUST DON'T HELP HER!!", getō shouted back.

himari just awkwardly stared, as she quietly cleared her throat.

"u-ummm...n-not to interrupt you two, but I'm honestly fine...."

"no you're not! look at all those scars that are littered across your body! I know you've been secretly practicing at night too. you're not making any visible progress towards killing that thing, and you're telling me that you're fine?! why won't you let us help? is it because you don't trust us? you don't...trust me?", getō blurted out, causing the other two to just stare wide-eyed.

"I...it's not like that! I do trust you!!", himari stated, quickly standing up, as she wobbled over towards the dark-haired male.