8

───

───

"H-HIMARI, I GOT THE LIST FOR—"

rumi stopped midway through the shoji as she saw itadori's chest bare with tōji and sukuna holding multiple pins, meanwhile himari had ripped fabric sprawled out everywhere.

     "umm...hey rumi!"

     "h-h-h-himari, what are you doing?!", rumi squeaked, covering her eyes as itadori leisurely draped a haori over his shoulders.

     "ah, I'm just making myself some pants and a shirt. it's really hard to always kneel instead of sitting criss-cross-applesauce, ya know?"

     rumi's face was filled with utter confusion, as she finally unsheathed her face.

     "by the way, you got the list?", himari asked, carefully sewing the edges that she had newly cut, as rumi fiddled with her fingers.

"o-oh! yes, here are all the marriage partners that your father has picked out", rumi smiled, extending the scroll towards the woman, who didn't even glance up.

"great! burn it".

"h-huh?"

"burn it. I don't need it and neither does father", himari stated.

"b-but—"

"rumi, come here for a second. what do you think of this?", himari asked, to which rumi had awkwardly joined the four, as himari had immediately snatched the list and threw it into the fireplace.

"H-HIMARI! IF YOUR FATHER FINDS OUT THAT I STOLE THE PAPER AND—"

"well yelling doesn't help the case, so shhhh~ also, should I go with a black or navy blue top? I'm thinking black because my pants are white...but also I want to match tōji", the woman said, whispering the last part.

rumi softly sighed as she just pointed to the black fabric, helping her lady with her outfit as she slightly shuffled away from itadori, who had helped cut the fabric.

"by the way himari, should I bring out the koto or the shakuhachi for you? or will you be dancing for your performance?", rumi asked, making the girl halt in her project.

"p-performing for what?", the woman asked, slowly lifting her upper body as her eyes finally met her maid's.

"for the celebration of course! shogunate yoshiaki always loved your koto performances. he even said that you were the best in the entire country", rumi brightly smiled.