18

───

───

     "HIMARI, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE stones of the three precious children are?!", hotaru questioned, still not believing how foolish his daughter was to accept such conditions.

"no, but I'm sure I can just find some pebbles in our backyard and make them into rubies or something", himari shrugged, making her father facepalm.

"himari, this is serious!! those three stones are buried separately. and no one even knows where they are", hotaru stressed, rubbing his temples, as himari had already packed her bags.

     "it's okay dad. I think it shouldn't be that hard...I mean...I am pretty big brain", himari smiled, shrugging, as she slung her baggage over her shoulder.

the auburn-haired woman also tired her long locks into a tight ponytail, dressing in a black hakama and white nagagi, as she cleared her throat.

"I am nakajima hima, your son", himari sillily grinned.

"well? how do I look and sound?"

hotaru just sighed, shaking his head as he embraced the girl, patting her back.

"are you sure you wish to embark upon this journey? it's still not too late to turn back", hotaru mumbled.

     "yeah...I'll be okay! I brought like a puny knife with me just in case, and plus, I've always been a more hands-on learner", himari replied, making hotaru even more concerned about his daughter's well-being.

     "oh! and I'll also send you postcards, so you'll know where I am and stuff", himari assured, making hotaru let out a weak chuckle.

"it seems like you were just twelve yesterday, and asking for your own set of makeup", hotaru reminisced, to which himari could only nod, as it wasn't actually her that had asked for it.

"aha...yeah yeah, but you know what's even more wack? the fact that I'm twenty now, and I don't need makeup to look fabulous", the woman boasted, making hotaru chuckle.

"indeed...my daughter's very pretty", the man agreed, smiling as he patted himari's head.

"stay safe now. I already had someone prepare a horse for you", hotaru informed.

himari nodded, dipping her head as thanks, as she then ran off towards the side of the nakajima household, where there was a medium-sized barn that housed many horses.