23

───

───

HIMARI STOOD THERE CONFUSED, as blood was dripping down her cheeks, meanwhile the holy sword's tip was perched on top of the ground, with the same nasty red liquid smeared across it.

     "ah, you freed gojō? thanks birdie!", himari waved, making the phoenix shake its head.

     "huh? so...it wasn't you??"

     "it was you, my dear", amaterasu stated, looking straight at the bloodstained woman.

     himari raised a brow before laughing out loud, clutching her stomach and softly groaning at the same time, as there were quite a few bruises littered around her body.

     "oww...shit", the woman quietly cursed, to which rumi had hurried over towards himari's side, assisting her.

     "indeed, you slayed the demon snake and hence the spell broke", amaterasu explained.

     "oh damn...I was hoping a kiss would work, but I guess that's okay too", himari grumbled, making rumi sigh in relief.

     "but I thought you said that only one would make it out??", itadori questioned, not that he minded that both were now okay.

     "I never said that the other wasn't going to", amaterasu slyly replied, making himari gasp.

     "I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!!", the woman shouted, only making the goddess chuckle.

"but you didn't, and you even managed to retrieve the kusanagi-no-tsurugi", amaterasu stated, making himari's jaw drop.

"t-this is the heavenly sword of gathering clouds given to you by susanoo?! this musty dusty swor—"

rumi gently elbowed himari in the stomach, quickly making the woman shut up as she awkwardly chuckled.

"I-I mean...how lovely!! it's got such a pretty color...", the woman smiled, watching as the phoenix was perched on top of amaterasu's shoulder.

"since you're the one that was able to pull it out, it's yours to keep. on the pommel of the sword is the sun stone that you so desire. and this is the guardian of the stone: suzaku", amaterasu explained.

     "you're...really just going to give it to me?", himari asked, still not believing what she was hearing.

     amaterasu nodded with a slight smile.