4

───

───

"LADY HIMARI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!", rumi worried, as she saw the woman with sukuna outside during sunrise.

     "ah, training", himari nonchalantly replied.

     "t-training? why?"

     "because it's the warring period. who knows what the hell's going to happen, am I right?", himari asked, to which sukuna just nodded.

     "but...lady himari, your father and his samurais will protect you".

     "okay word, but just imagine how cool I'll look wielding a sword! I've always wanted to attempt it at least once in my lifetime", himari grinned, gripping tightly onto her wooden sword that sukuna had given her.

"but you said you would never be caught dead holding a weapon just two days ago..."

"WELL MY PERSPECTIVE CHANGED OVERNIGHT! SO WATCH!", himari exclaimed, as she started swinging the sword in a repetitive manner.

rumi sighed as she cracked a small smile, heading back inside the house as she brought out some cut up fruit and tea.

"h-himari, would you like to take a break?", rumi called out, to which the red-haired woman had snapped her head towards the brown-haired girl.

     "did you just call me by my name without any titles?", himari asked, to which rumi had nodded, still worried that himari might immediately change and punish her.

     "ah, yeah I'll have some apples", himari commented, ushering sukuna to come over too, as they sat under a blossoming tree with a plate of said fruits.

     rumi breathed out a puff of air, as she thought she was going to tear up.

     "rumi, are you okay? have some apples too. they're surprisingly sweet", himari stated as she shoved a slice into the girl's mouth.

     himari then shoved another one in sukuna's mouth, to which the demon had almost choked, making himari snort.

     "OI! THE HELL'S YOUR PROBLEM?!"

"eat with your mouth closed, ryō", himari hushed, making sukuna huff.

"by the way rumi, who's my mother? is she dead? she probably is", himari muttered.

"indeed...lady mayako died giving birth to you, but she was the beauty of the century!", rumi replied, only having to have seen her portrait once.