53

───

───

     "I'M SORRY TO BOTHER YOU MA'AM, BUT do you recall anything about the people that had once kidnapped you?", himari tried to nicely question, as she kneeled in front of the woman who sat in a rocking chair.

she seemed to be quite out of it, as her dry lips allowed no sound or noise to come out.

himari was currently the only one in the tiny abode that seemed to be out in the middle of nowhere.

it was surely odd, and it made himari feel that something was severely off.

"ma'am?? I understand if you don't want to talk about your experience, but it'd really help if you could give us some clues so that I can go save the others...

please...they're all depending on you...", himari reasoned, holding the woman's hand and squeezing it gently, as if it would compress some sense back into her.

     the dark-haired woman had then started hiccuping, allowing tears to trickle down her face, as himari just soothed her by rubbing the woman's upper back.

incoherent sounds started spouting out of the woman's lips, as she pointed to her cut off tongue, causing himari to be overwhelmed with pity.

     a sudden knock was then heard, complemented by a familiar voice.

"lady himari, are you still doing okay?", hohaku asked, to which the woman had then stood up, backing up from the rocking chair, as himari followed her.

"hey, is something wron—"

a loud screeching was heard as the woman stuck her hands out in front of her, stopping himari from stepping forwards anymore.

"w-wait!! what's wrong? it's okay!! I won't hurt you!!", himari shouted, trying to talk over the woman's screaming.

the door suddenly bursted open, as hohaku, itadori, and rumi stood in front, meanwhile the others were right behind just in case things got physical.

the woman's eyes then widened in terror, scrambling into the corner of the room, as she shielded her face with her arms.

     "himari, are you—"

     "get out", himari sternly interrupted.

     "lady himari, she's dangerou—"

     "I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT!", himari demanded, snapping her harsh gaze at the group, as they all hesitantly left the two women alone.