67

───

───

     GOJŌ HAD DISAPPEARED TO WHO KNOWS where, as himari's execution date was literally today.

the woman was tied up to a t-shaped board, as everyone — even the peasants from all over the land — got to attend himari's demise.

     "LET LADY HIMARI GO!! SHE'S DONE WAY MORE FOR US THAN YOU DAIMYOS WHO ABUSE YOUR POWERS!!", the women from the olden brothel protested.

     "YEAH!! LADY HIMARI SAVED US FROM FURTHER MOLESTATION, MEANWHILE YOU WERE ALL SITTING ON YOUR ASSES DOING NOTHING!!", the women from the sakedo village claimed.

     "SHE GAVE US FEMALES A CHANCE TO BE MORE THAN JUST A BIRTH GIVER AND A STAY-AT-HOME WIFE!", maki joined in.

"SHE BELIEVED IN OUR SKILLS, EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD NO REASON TO!", miwa chimed in.

"AND NEVER GAVE UP ON US, NO MATTER WHAT!", rumi and itadori shouted, meanwhile the samurais were trying their hardest to keep the protesters from crossing the line.

himari then started tearing up at all of the people that were there to support her, though the elites just ignored it.

"shut it with your complaints! nakajima himari has committed a grave sin of assassinating the shogunate. and with no sufficient evidence to guarantee her innocence, she shall pay the price with her own life!", lord miyoshi declared.

"let the people speak, mr. uptight. this is why you won't win the election", himari chuckled, to which the man had deeply frowned — very tempted to slice the woman's head off right there and then.

"shut up! I don't want to hear it from a woman", lord miyoshi snarled, causing himari to snort.

"ah yes yes, but I'm just being honest. I mean...if you noticed, lord rokkaku was the one that suggested the election.

     you'd think that someone as smart as you would realize that he's probably rigged it, since he seems so confident about it", himari bluffed.

     "you're lying! the election's going to be fair and square!"

"mhmmm!! that's what all politicians say until the opponent starts digging out your past and exposing you in front of this riot", himari hummed, causing the daimyo major paranoia.

"and plus, look at that piss-haired—I-I mean naoya...he looks so cocky and for what? he probably has some plan up his ass too, because ya know, he's going for that throne and is always a power freak", himari stated, to which the male had actually started doubting all of this.